Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Second Hand Weekend Car

D13 HPD 95

Hi all,

im looking at getting a weekend car for trips away and things after i sell my fiesta and get a company car, ive seen a focus st in red 2.5lt on eBay for £4500, it looks mint has 119,000miles on the clock and has been remapped, it was an ex undercover police car, its an 08 plate, is it a good buy? its currently at 280bhp so the ad says.

anyone had any dealings with buying ex police cars??

taaa

• Like 1

sounds alright!

whats the service history like?

A car like that though for £4500 I would have my wits about me as to what might be wrong...

full history all done by ford garage, they say nothing is wrong apart from alloys could have a refurb but then again nearly every second hand car could do with alloy refurbs

very true,

I say there is no harm in looking at it, given it a go, and having a look under the bodywork and see if you can spot anything, but 4500 for that mileage on that horsepower, just seems too good to be perfect!

:) cheers hopfully i can view it soon with intension to buy after mine is gone :)

Normally ex cop cars etc are serviced every 6000 miles due to the abuse they get. Brakes changed when they are below 50% an tyres when they are down to 3mm. And it being an st they would of had it tracked often aswell. Its not a normal bobby car.

Just keep an ear out for rattles etc under on the engine. An the usual checks

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

I've heard really good things about ex police cars. There's a place near me sells them but never had what I was after at the time. Let us know how you get on and if it's a good one or a pig oops sorry!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

I was looking at ex police cars before I got this mondy, would take one in a heartbeat! well looked after to compensate the fact they are worked like a dog!

Well rang the seller and someone has beaten me to it :( they had someone put a deposit down on Tuesday :( so im guessing that its gone :( he said he hasn't taken it down on eBay as he is waiting for the guy to fully pay first but after a £500 deposit was taken i guess he will pay up :/ gutted

Check for bullet holes and fit a private plate should be fine,

service history should be 100% aswell,

Check engine bay for signs of holes drilled by the two blue lights beneath the grill

Well rang the seller and someone has beaten me to it :( they had someone put a deposit down on Tuesday :( so im guessing that its gone :( he said he hasn't taken it down on eBay as he is waiting for the guy to fully pay first but after a £500 deposit was taken i guess he will pay up :/ gutted

sorry to read that mate,

I say keep the plate! more and more people have the knowledge of which cars are coppa's, dont kill the illusion :p

• Like 1

Found a bullet in the boot of the levin bzr i had bought before christmas lol

it also had keyed body work,

God i miss that car yo, its spread across the country now only the chassis and seats remain.

Image3810_zpsfcdcd411.jpg

Image3813_zps0fb06f57.jpg

nice lenny haha, i would have search high and low to find remains of the cops in there maybe so stashed drugs or something lol, but yh hes going to ring me if the deal falls through but i doubt it :( maybe next time

• Like 1

Fingers crossed matey, but you could keep your eye open for another cop spec!

I've heard bad things about ex police cars, from ex police officers. They have said they wouldn't touch them as they are heavily abused.

Yes they are serviced regularly, and parts replaced but only when noticeably worn or damaged. They also said the parts that haven't been replaced are likely to be on their last legs as well as the strain that has been placed on the chassis and body over its time in the force.

The other thing, as Lenny said is, there are likely to be alot of holes where parts have been removed, such as the lights on the outside and the radios and light switches etc on the inside.

• Like 1

I would avoid any vehicles used by the police services like the plague, trust me - I'm lucky enough to drive around in one issued by my force for work and they are all trashed to hell.

• Like 1