Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  • Name: Marc
  • Ford Model: S1600
  • Year: 2012

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:59 AM

I had a mk5 gti and got rid of it as I hated it for my current mk7 metal and the difference is just unbelievable in grip alone I can corner alot faster than I could in the gti and even raced one over two roundabouts to which I left in the dust but straights he would of dominated the spec is much better in the fiesta only thing the golf had that my fiesta doesn't is dual zone climate but thats not really an issue and the golf didnt even have bluetooth

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Ford OC mobile app

The mk5 golf entered production in 2003 and finished in 2009 lol, no wonder it doesn't have the mod cons etc, your Fiesta is like 4 years newer!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#62 Ianb

Ianb

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 436 posts
  • Name: Ian
  • Ford Model: Focus Estate 1.6 TDCI Style
  • Year: 2007

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:51 AM

The mk5 golf entered production in 2003 and finished in 2009 lol, no wonder it doesn't have the mod cons etc, your Fiesta is like 4 years newer!

Bet the heater knobs were better in the golf too :lol:  :P

#63 mayo10uk

mayo10uk

Settling In Well

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Name: P
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST 3 2014
  • Year: 2014

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:10 PM

Ignore all of the comments, facts and figure speak for themselves, plus ask yourself where is the 1.6GDTi engine built and what other engines do they produce  :)

Fantastic engine ! Fitted globally ! Just see what other vehicles it's fitted inn your'lll be surprised.

http://en.wikipedia...._L_EcoBoost_I-4

#64 Ianb

Ianb

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 436 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:07 PM

Ignore all of the comments, facts and figure speak for themselves, plus ask yourself where is the 1.6GDTi engine built and what other engines do they produce  :)

Fantastic engine ! Fitted globally ! Just see what other vehicles it's fitted inn your'lll be surprised.

http://en.wikipedia...._L_EcoBoost_I-4

Yeh except as the above post said, Mk5 golf finished in 2009... that was when the ecoboost was also announced...

Comparing end of one and beginning of another isn't quite the same as comparing like for like...

#65 mayo10uk

mayo10uk

Settling In Well

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Name: P
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST 3 2014
  • Year: 2014

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:13 PM

Sorry to be honest I didn't read all of the posts. 

We'll the great engine is built in the UK! :-) 

#66 Ianb

Ianb

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 436 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:34 PM

Sorry to be honest I didn't read all of the posts. 

We'll the great engine is built in the UK! :-) 

Don't blame you, there's about 50 odd posts anyway. I think people are saying that perhaps the overall 'build' quality might be there, even if it perhaps doesn't directly reflect the price tag, regardless of 0-60 times, top speed, etc etc..

I've got to say, I had a friend back in the day (well...2005/2006) who had a 1993 golf and that thing wiped the floor with most of our cars - fiesta's, renaults etc. I just think that VW (only 1 car out of a bunch, there's still mention of Audi's etc) has been 'better' for longer, so it's natural that their cars are perhaps considered (or are) better... I think the gap is a lot less than it used to be, but it's still slightly there.

I mentioned previously that Fords are probably the more 'common' cars, mondeo was the travelling salesmans car, almost everyone had a fiesta to start with when they passed their test etc etc and therefore carry a bit of a stigma around with them, not unlike how Skoda's do... I was talking to a friend who is connected with the local police force, he said that they're getting rid of all their Skoda's soon and replacing them with a fleet of BMW's because it's actually CHEAPER! - I know we're talking fleets etc here, but when would anyone expect a Skoda to be carrying a bigger price tag than a BMW?

.....maybe it's that bit extra for working indicators  :P

#67 MattDRX

MattDRX

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,227 posts
  • Name: Matthew
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST2 Pauper Spec
  • Year: 2013

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:13 PM

Easy, Skodas depreciate a hell of a lot quicker than BMW, so bulk leasing is cheaper as the BMW has a higher residual therfore low monthly payment hence why they are so popular in the first place, the 135m was on a private lease deal at the start of the year for 270pm compared with an Audi A1 costing the same as was the Fabia VRS doesn't make sense but it's all to do with how much the car is worth at the end of the term.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

#68 Ianb

Ianb

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 436 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:19 PM

Easy, Skodas depreciate a hell of a lot quicker than BMW, so bulk leasing is cheaper as the BMW has a higher residual therfore low monthly payment hence why they are so popular in the first place, the 135m was on a private lease deal at the start of the year for 270pm compared with an Audi A1 costing the same as was the Fabia VRS doesn't make sense but it's all to do with how much the car is worth at the end of the term.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

Surely that only applies if they are leased though.. I'm lead to believe the current cars are going to be auctioned off in the future as the new lot come in - (although I may have dodgy information)...

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users