It's come to the time where I'm looking to upgrade my car but having a few difficulties on which would be the best option for me..
At the moment I drive an ecoboost zetec s 125, looking to upgrade to the Fiesta ST however trying to evaluate whether it would be best for me to go down the route of new or second hand - I know ideally the best thing to do is going into a garage and see what deal they can work out for me but I just wanted some peoples opinions to know what they would rather do.
The biggest dilemma of buying a new Fiesta ST will be the waiting time for the build - as I know that will take what will seem a long time (Worth the wait I'm sure). I do enjoy my gadgets in cars and like a lot of things to play with as well.
ST-2; Through work I get a discount at my local Ford dealership, I can buy a brand new ST for £14,974.40 without the optional extras on top such as paint colour etc.. Hopefully if it was the case I went for new then I can barter a little bit more with the dealership and see if they can chuck in free servicing too.
ST-3; Ideally, I would like an ST-3 because of the options which are included, mainly Satnav and cruise control which take to my liking the most and I have the ST-3 available from my work place at£15,834.40 before any optional extras, yet again like colour.. Which would more than likely be the case of Spirit Blue or Black. Again I can barter with the Dealership to see if they can chuck anything else in or take any more money off.
- Second hand
The joys of buying a Second hand ST-2 would be that I would not have to wait around for so long for a build and shipping time, I know a lot of members on here have been left in the dark knowing about their estimated times and found themselves pestering the dealership to keep on top of things. The ST-2's I have found in my area is around the £14,500 mark from a Ford Dealership with no more than 5000 miles and a few optional extras on the car such as my colour of choice and style pack.
I know within months of having the ST I will be upgrading it to the Mountune version, but that's a completely off topic matters. What would you guys personally do? What do you think is the best option?