Do Not Sell My Personal Information

St.. Buying Second Hand Or Buying New?

Jordanch

Hi guys,

It's come to the time where I'm looking to upgrade my car but having a few difficulties on which would be the best option for me..

At the moment I drive an ecoboost zetec s 125, looking to upgrade to the Fiesta ST however trying to evaluate whether it would be best for me to go down the route of new or second hand - I know ideally the best thing to do is going into a garage and see what deal they can work out for me but I just wanted some peoples opinions to know what they would rather do.

- New

The biggest dilemma of buying a new Fiesta ST will be the waiting time for the build - as I know that will take what will seem a long time (Worth the wait I'm sure). I do enjoy my gadgets in cars and like a lot of things to play with as well.

ST-2; Through work I get a discount at my local Ford dealership, I can buy a brand new ST for £14,974.40 without the optional extras on top such as paint colour etc.. Hopefully if it was the case I went for new then I can barter a little bit more with the dealership and see if they can chuck in free servicing too.

ST-3; Ideally, I would like an ST-3 because of the options which are included, mainly Satnav and cruise control which take to my liking the most and I have the ST-3 available from my work place at£15,834.40 before any optional extras, yet again like colour.. Which would more than likely be the case of Spirit Blue or Black. Again I can barter with the Dealership to see if they can chuck anything else in or take any more money off.

- Second hand

The joys of buying a Second hand ST-2 would be that I would not have to wait around for so long for a build and shipping time, I know a lot of members on here have been left in the dark knowing about their estimated times and found themselves pestering the dealership to keep on top of things. The ST-2's I have found in my area is around the £14,500 mark from a Ford Dealership with no more than 5000 miles and a few optional extras on the car such as my colour of choice and style pack.

I know within months of having the ST I will be upgrading it to the Mountune version, but that's a completely off topic matters. What would you guys personally do? What do you think is the best option?

Wait, pay the extra grand and half, then you have peace of mind to how it has been treated. Just my 2 cents worth.

Go new. Some dealers have got cars in stock. Just ring around the larger groups and see what lead times they have.

Your dealer can check all stock in the country. Whether they can get one will be down to the dealer who has it.

That's a mighty discount you get who do you work for and are there any jobs going?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

But some dealers buy up and hold stock. I can't remember the technical term but its something where if they buy x amount they get the bulk discount on the cars. They then sell and register them as required.

I went new n got one that was to my spec n more within 4days. As there was one sat on docks :)

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Ford OC

I bought mine 2nd hand, 14k with 6k on the clock, Sony dab and sat nav, style pack. Non global opening as it turns out. Pretty decent deal. Just be prepared to take the hit on your zs and everything you put into it and the deposit you chucked at it. Can be as bad as starting again in most cases.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

Your dealer can check all stock in the country. Whether they can get one will be down to the dealer who has it.

That's a mighty discount you get who do you work for and are there any jobs going?

Going down to my local ford dealer today, they have a weekend offer with 2 years free servicing and UP TO (most important bit there) £5000 of selected models, but not fussed in that because of the discount I get any way.

I work for the Police, not too sure if we have jobs going and depends if you are local too.

Right, I went into the Dealership today. Came out 50/50, not sure too on what to do. I sat down for 2 and a half hours discussing repayment options and getting the best deal I possibly could. Turned out my car is £2k in negative equity, that took a big blow to me- personally I thought worse case scenario I would be looking around the £1k mark - last time I ever buy a Zetec S again! The discount I had available has pretty much secured me having an ST-3 for almost the same price, about 2k less. ST-3 is already built in the dealership just unregistered in the showroom. Spirit Blue and ST pack on it - pretty chuffed. Also been quoted just over £1k to insure which is £200 more than my renewal offer for my Zetec S! Take into consideration I'm 19 with a claim.

Go for it you know you want to!!

Do it :) will be the best decisions ever! Lol

Do it !! If u ever worry about financial side of things all u have to do is go for a quick blast and it u realise it's worth every penny ;)

• Like 1

Join us! You won't be cool without one! ST Fwweeeends!

• Like 1

Do it.........sod the mortgage.....your only young once, you know you will regret it if you dont.

If you can afford it then its a sound buy. It should retain more value as long as Ford don't flood the market with them and discount too much ....now this last bit is the real question.

I know of many people having ST2 and ST3 at very decent prices and less than the RRP for the ST1 - Ford are discounting and selling them by the bucket load which could hot resale values.

But as is said - drive one and you will love it. Had mine 4 days now, already done 150 miles in it and love it!

If you can afford it then its a sound buy. It should retain more value as long as Ford don't flood the market with them and discount too much ....now this last bit is the real question.

I know of many people having ST2 and ST3 at very decent prices and less than the RRP for the ST1 - Ford are discounting and selling them by the bucket load which could hot resale values.

But as is said - drive one and you will love it. Had mine 4 days now, already done 150 miles in it and love it!

4days and only 150miles wow. I did that the night got it. I couldn't get out of it for like 2weeks lol

I must try harder Nath. :)

It is the one car I've had that just makes me love driving. I don't even care when I'm sat in traffic as well its all part of driving. This is what the car has done to me. Lol

Motor point have a brand new st3 with 35miles up for £15,999!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Looks a cracking price - not a fan of the white colour though. Would you get the Ford deposit allowance? Also I'm guessing your not the first owner as its a pre reg?

Well, the deal has been sealed- got a banging deal I'm chuffed with. Pick it up 23rd august.

This is the actual one, straight out of the showroom not registered (due to be soon :P)

post-46135-140645773964_thumb.jpg

post-46135-140645775925_thumb.jpg

Hero! Although pricks the lot of you with your cruise control and no doubt global opening, !Removed! the lot of you!

I thought global opening was a standard on the ST? My ST-2 has it and I haven't got any option packs?

Hero! Although pricks the lot of you with your cruise control and no doubt global opening, !Removed! the lot of you!

Is global opening, opening windows and closing then through the key?

Cruise control is something I wanted personally, I don't do much long distance driving but when I do it's a pain not having cruise control! Auto lights and wipers is a touch, makes me sound lazy!

Congratulations! Looks quality :)

Congratulations! Looks quality :)

First thing on the agenda was to wrap my front lip, how much did you pay for yours clarky?