Do Not Sell My Personal Information

St.. Buying Second Hand Or Buying New?

Jordanch

What's global opening please ???

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Ford OC

Oh opening the windows from the fob mine does It. Pm me your email I'll send u one don't know how to post them on ere.

Oh mine doesn't do that but does say in the manual that it should.

Car looks cracking ...you getting that exact one from the showroom then :)

I'll get a video of mine later on mate

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Oh mine doesn't do that but does say in the manual that it should.

Car looks cracking ...you getting that exact one from the showroom then :)

Yep, the one in the showroom is mine. Picked the Reg for it, just have to wait until 23rd aug due to insurance purposes. Put my deposit down, papers signed. Just that wait now!

Cracking. At least you know what your getting as well! No factory order delays to endure. Are they keeping it in the showroom in the short term to sell so others or is your pride and joy now being tucked away safely? Lol

Got the vid on my iPhone, how can I upload it to here?

Not sure of you can. Stick it on you tube and ill forward the link to fords director office.

Cracking. At least you know what your getting as well! No factory order delays to endure. Are they keeping it in the showroom in the short term to sell so others or is your pride and joy now being tucked away safely? Lol

They'll be getting it out of the showroom as far as I'm aware, keeping it tucked away nice and safe ready for me ;) Amazing deal though, ST-3 Spec, Spirit Blue and ST Style pack at a price of just over £16,500 brand new :) - hopefully will help me out with a equity side of things when I eventually decide to switch!

They'll be getting it out of the showroom as far as I'm aware, keeping it tucked away nice and safe ready for me ;) Amazing deal though, ST-3 Spec, Spirit Blue and ST Style pack at a price of just over £16,500 brand new :) - hopefully will help me out with a equity side of things when I eventually decide to switch!

Reading this mAkes me want to go cry. They had the my pants down and bent me over the table I think I paid 19800 for the st 2 :(

Reading this mAkes me want to go cry. They had the my pants down and bent me over the table I think I paid 19800 for the st 2 :(

ST's hold their value at the moment from what I can see though, no reason you should fear about it!

That is a DTD price!

My dealer would only come down as low as 17999 for the ST3 and that was after some serious haggling.

Also how will they hold their value? Seems mega discounting is happening so volume is increasing making this a more and more common car. That will surly hit the resale values?

I know I wanted an ST but went along planning to look at the Titanium ..dealer had an ST out for me, drove it and well that was when I thought "what the heck" and started the buying process. Thing is that more and more people like me are doing the same so will this car become too common, thus suffer poor resale values?

There is a second hand one at my dealer local details below;

FORD FIESTA 1.6 ECOBOOST ST-2
Cash Price Only £13,995
Monthly Price £248.68
Transmission Manual
Colour Spirit blue
Mileage 3,790 miles
Reg Number YE13FFR
Registered 2013
Fuel Type Petrol
MPG (combined) 48 mpg
Road Tax £130

And a linky thing http://www.dews.co.uk/used-car-results.aspx?COGManufacturer=FORD&COGModel=FIESTA&COGPriceFrom=13000&COGPriceTo=14000& I can recommend this dealer very good service and friendly staff. Anyone interested in the car let me know and I'll give you my salesman's details.

Makes me worry a little as I have apparently lost £4000 on mine in 6 months, not that I'm planning on selling it any time soon.

I suspect that in 3 or 4 years the price will stabilise and it won't all seem too bad but to be honest I didn't buy it thinking I wonder what it will fetch at px time.

Have been starting to look at used ST options. Prices a bit all over the place, but guess that reflects ford dealers. Some bargains to be had. A little surprised that the ST hasn't held it's value better (the example above would have a trade in at about £12.5k), but that must be a response to broker prices.

That's another good price for the buyer but like you say shoes how much in value terms lost. The ST fiesta residuals are not going to be great, especially given how many seem to be getting sold and at a discount as well.

In 3yrs time I can see a flood of used STs which will nail the value further. Longer term this will become a classic and appreciate nicely.

That's another good price for the buyer but like you say shoes how much in value terms lost. The ST fiesta residuals are not going to be great, especially given how many seem to be getting sold and at a discount as well.

In 3yrs time I can see a flood of used STs which will nail the value further. Longer term this will become a classic and appreciate nicely.

I'm not sure what's happening with the build of ST's. I thought at first they were only making 5000, then that increased to 7500. But god knows what they're doing now!

Already excited about my one, bought a few things cosmetic wise to make it atleast a little different when I get it. Going to start saving to get the Mountune kit, though it's not a massive difference in terms of figures. 0.5 seconds off is a big difference against other hot hatches; I do like the look of what other companies have to other 220-240bhp but ideally I would like to keep my warranty. I mapped (bluefin) my Zetec S 125 and that caused all kinds of problems, the car couldn't handle the increase in power comfortably.

Though I've heard mountune are bringing out an increased version of the MP215. But wait and see what's on the market at the time of purchase.

I'm not sure what's happening with the build of ST's. I thought at first they were only making 5000, then that increased to 7500. But god knows what they're doing now!

Already excited about my one, bought a few things cosmetic wise to make it atleast a little different when I get it. Going to start saving to get the Mountune kit, though it's not a massive difference in terms of figures. 0.5 seconds off is a big difference against other hot hatches; I do like the look of what other companies have to other 220-240bhp but ideally I would like to keep my warranty. I mapped (bluefin) my Zetec S 125 and that caused all kinds of problems, the car couldn't handle the increase in power comfortably.

Though I've heard mountune are bringing out an increased version of the MP215. But wait and see what's on the market at the time of purchase.

Where have you heard Mountune are bringing out an increased version of the MP215? Or are you referring to Stage 2

I think that was the number of STs registered on the road by the end of the first year.

I bet that figure is now closer to 9k and could even be higher.

In seeing more and more on the roads now, seen two just like mine today already. I think Ford will just keep pushing them out the door as to them the more on the road the better.

What's the betting an ST4 comes out next year to tempt people to upgrade or spend more further?

They have already speccd the car out with the ST3 and it's too expensive as it is, they cannot make it the same price as the Clio or Pug as it just won't be so appealing as they already come fully loaded anyway ( and quicker )

Sales always peak after a year, remember the Corsa VXR, still in production now but I haven't seen any 12 plates or later on the roads they drop off after a while, it seemed a really common car but they only sold around 9K of them in 5 years time there will probably only be a handful left once all the piston failures have come to light and the rest of the hoodies out there crash the remaining ones.

Fiesta will follow suit and sit comfortably at around £7k once it's 5 years old and stay there for a while, people are still paying that for Clio 197 / 200 and 207 GTI so it's a safe bet.

You could be right about long term values but IF Ford keeps going the volume route that seems to be the case at the moment this will end up being one of the most popular and common Fiesta versions.

Noticed on the internet today a dealer close to me has had a black ST3 in and blue ST2 - all priced to sell. Clearly ford are pumping these into the dealerships and they are not affraid to do the discounts.

1 year old examples with average miles are £13k on Autotrader so be careful what you pay new. It's ok if you plan to keep it for ages but it's a big hit after just 1 year.

1 year old examples with average miles are £13k on Autotrader so be careful what you pay new. It's ok if you plan to keep it for ages but it's a big hit after just 1 year.

Just had a look on there. Scary how many are actually up for sale and on the market. I wonder why so many people are selling them? Also judging by these numbers its right for people to be carful on what they pay for the car. These are not going to have good returns in the short term, longer term they should hold their value hopefully,

Out of interest do STs have some check at 2000k ? I have noticed 1 or 2 adverts in AT mentioning this.

Where have you heard Mountune are bringing out an increased version of the MP215? Or are you referring to Stage 2

I'm referring to the Stage Two mate I believe, I have emailed them enquiring. Hoping to save as quickly as possible for the MP215. How much extra did you have to pay for the insurance?

Sweet, hopefully there may be some news on stage 2 soon at ford fair, and no increase for me

Get the pumaspeed 240 pack. It'll probably be better value than the mountune one if and when it comes out. Plus it adds nothing horrid to the car.

Edited by Stoney871
Removed Ap Tag

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club