Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Halfords Products ??

nath.mk7.st

Right tomorrow I intend on going to Halfords to get all my cleaning stuff for the new car. I would like some recommendations. I want to clay the car (don't know how to do this yet).

Then I want to wax/seal it

I ultimately want the care to look perfect and shiny :)

It is now but I would like to get all the unseen muck off. ie when I get condensation on my roof on a night I can see we're stickers have been etc.

Also recommend me a good alloy wheel cleaner and protector as the brake dust shows up loads and already gone through the tub that was in my dealer pack. And anything else I may need but remember it has to be from Halfords lol:)

Thanks in advance guys.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Ford OC

I was told Autoglym deep resin wax followed by some lasing shine (or something like that) does a similar job to that diamond bright stuff.

I was thinking autoglym hd kit at min

Autoglym is pretty good for weekly washes but I use meguires for the deep clean. You can get a kit at Halfords for a three stage polish and wax. They also do a clay bar kit all megs stuff. As for wheels for weekly clean I use wonder wheels cleaner and wax and it's pretty good but nothing stops that brake dust I think it's because of poor quality pads gonna upgrade mine when they are ready.

post-38083-140631538083_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Cheers Phil. Looks shiny. I'll take a look at that stuff then my bill with all autoglym stuff and loads other bits bobs including interior stuff came to 118.47 without my 15%. What do u use on your grill? Think I'm going to get one them small brushes for it. Annoys me every time I try to do it lol.

Me too. With the eheel cleaner you get a small paint brush which I'm going to use.

Also don't buy your microfibre cloths at Halfords get them at asda for £3 each good quality big cloths and better than any at Halfords.

I'm going tomorrow to top up my stock and get some of that quick detailer that doesn't need water to use at ford fair just to tart it up on the day.

Demon shine spray? Yer I've already got my cloths. My grandad gets them from a supplier when he gets his shop stock and gets these huge drying ones that are brilliant :)

post-55675-14063174577_thumb.jpg

Might get this bag to hold it all in too :)

• Like 1

Demon shine spray?

I got 5 litres of it, and still have 4.9 litres left. tried it once, hated it and have left it in the cupboard ever since :lol:

I got 5 litres of it, and still have 4.9 litres left. tried it once, hated it and have left it in the cupboard ever since :lol:

Oh maybe not that then. What do u use ?

Oh maybe not that then. What do u use ?

usually act of god now (rain), although its getting mucky again with all this dry weather.

Autoglym is very popular, but hold out till it is on offer. Halfords regularly do 3 for two or other similar offers.

Yer it's 3for2 now plus my 15% off card :)

Yer it's 3for2 now plus my 15% off card :)

nice one, go for it :)

Demon shine spray is pretty good for a quick shiny finish after you've just washed/shampoo'd the car. It gives a "I've just waxed my car" finish that lasts for a few days, but it doesn't give the protection that a good wax would... Imagine it a bit like rubbing your black shoes on the back of your trouser leg to get that shine on the front.. it does the trick for the time being, but it's not a 'proper job'.

So anyway, I use it now and again if I haven't got time to give the car the full works, but it's not the real deal :lol:

Sounds like what I need to just touch up now and again when I can't/or doesn't need a full clean.

Any recommendations for snow foam to use with pressure washer ?

With demon shine you do still need to wash the car first and let it dry. Every now and again the car is filthy and I give it a good wash outside, then clean the inside and by the time the outside is dry I can't be bothered to wax it, so I resort to demon shine (if I can be bothered to do THAT!) and just get a bit of a shine.

EDIT: Just to add I watched mighty car mods episode and they mentioned a 'spray detailer' which I guess is what demon shine is. They say it's great to use between waxes. So yeh, I guess if you wash your car every week you might not want to wax it every damn week...you get the drift :D

She going to have a good clean today.

I'm going to;

1. Wash

2.dry

3.clay

4.polish

5.wax/seal

6.wait for the rain to !Removed! me off !

If this is the wrong order please tell me :)

post-55675-140639335184_thumb.jpg

Body work all Clayed and polished

alloys,windows,and then when sun goes in the HD wax then in the garage till tomorrow when I do the interior. Already a better job than the dealers effort

I was going to give my car a brilliant clean today, it really needed it....

...Instead I went kayaking :rolleyes:

Well that took me 7hours lol and was too dark to take a picture lol :(

Looking good.

I've had the wheels off today all cleaned up front and back. Callipers cleaned and wheel arches cleaned with the power washer.

Looking good.

I've had the wheels off today all cleaned up front and back. Callipers cleaned and wheel arches cleaned with the power washer.

Since owning it I've found the alloys really easy to clean. I can get my hand right in and clean them well. My Audi ones we're a nightmare. U had the kurbed one sorted ?

Getting it done Monday that's why I had the wheels off got them spotless inside the rims with megs wheel cleaner and a severe blast from the karcher. Didn't want to risk the new paint getting damaged again lol

Haha I'm gonna try keep on top mine so don't have to take them off :)

Looks great! Take a photo of all your products grouped and let us know what you used man :D

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC