• Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alanelf

loss of power 2.0 tdci

3 posts in this topic

Hi

My father has recently brought a 54 plate mondeo tdci and over past week it keeps losing power almost to a crawl. If he pulls over turns off engine and restarts it's ok again for a few more days. He said there is a orange light that he describes a a weird pair if glasses(not sure if it's the glow plug light)that comes on but goes out once engine restarted. A friend of mine put on a snap on computer and it came up with a code p132b which no one seems to recognize. Could anyone shed any light on this if possible as he is getting so annoyed. Many thanks alan

P132B is a new P-code that was added to monitor turbocharger performance. so you could be looking at a cloged egr valve, split or loose intercooler pipe or sticking turbo vanes. all these are well documented tdci problems but without an inspection it hard to say the true problem.

P132B is a new P-code that was added to monitor turbocharger performance. so you could be looking at a cloged egr valve, split or loose intercooler pipe or sticking turbo vanes. all these are well documented tdci problems but without an inspection it hard to say the true problem.

My father and I took car back to the garage where he brought it from today and lucky for him he had a 3 month warranty on it they had no quibble on booking it in to get sorted. i mentioned the veins and pipes they checked it all and all seemed fine.looks like its having a new turbo end of this week the mechanic recons this code p132b mostly pops up on tdci mondeos other tdci dont seem to have a problem which is good as i got a tdci focus however i did have the dual mass flywheel problem instead.The garage has even lent him a curtesy car till his is fixed.