Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Owner

djb2

Good morning everyone.

From Saturday I will be the new owner of a Mondeo Zetec TDCI. 2004 plate.

I have had Rovers for the past 14 years and prior to that had a Ford Sierra. My present car being a Rover 75 1.8.

After having had 3 head gaskets in as many years I thought it time for a change. I am also looking forward to being able to do a few more miles per gallon.

Anyway just thought I would say hi and introduce myself.

What are these cars like? Am I going to enjoy it? Hope so !

I've got a 2009 Mondeo Estate Titanium X and I love it :) used to have a Zafira

IcePax

sent using Ford OC mobile app

I was lucky with mine, just under 71000 miles and only 1 previous owner. Car was in immaculate condition

IcePax

sent using Ford OC mobile app

The plan is to run it for a few years until I can afford a younger model. We all have different budgets which is why I went for this one. Cheap but nice. Drives lovely and it all works. I will have to get the dings sorted out though. :)

• Like 1

Welcome along, and it looks like a good little motor!

These cars are a pleasure to drive, although I would be wary of the injectors as they are a downfall of the MK3 mondeo's, and also keepo your eye out on the DMF.

The plan is to run it for a few years until I can afford a younger model. We all have different budgets which is why I went for this one. Cheap but nice. Drives lovely and it all works. I will have to get the dings sorted out though. :)

Hi Dude, popped on over here and here you are :)

Welcome along, and it looks like a good little motor!

These cars are a pleasure to drive, although I would be wary of the injectors as they are a downfall of the MK3 mondeo's, and also keepo your eye out on the DMF.

Yeah good points but to be fair that's where my ZTT probably is at now needing injectors, but the DMF is fine they rarely fail in the ZTT, personally I think failure is generally pretty rare in most, it is more often garages that won't do a clutch change without changing the whole system even if the DMF is still in spec.

Hi Simcor.

Yes for me its not only a change of make from Rover to Ford but also from petrol to deisel.

Lookin forward to it.

Hi all this high tec stuff is exciting but a bit confusing at first isn’t it.

Having spent several hours looking for the trip reset option
I thought my solution might help others.
I have just purchased a 59 plate auto titanium x estate. Lovely car bur rather different from the 100E
side valve I started with about 50 years ago.
(You could forget about starting on a really damp morning!)

I couldn't get the reset trip option to appear on the main menu
list. Eventually I twiddled with the switch
on far right next to the steering wheel (for rear fog lights I think, still
learning) next to the general light switch and it appeared on a new list on the
screen behind the steering wheel together with other fuel related information. Pressed the OK button on the steering wheel
and hey presto all sorted, trip set to 0! Early days but seems a fantastic car.

John - Newbie.

I've got the Mondeo Titanium X 2.0 TDCi in black only got it on thursday and is a big upgrade from my previous car which was a citron saxo 1.1!!

in the 2 days that ive had it i can see why everybody has one as they are so nice to drive, just trying to get use to the push button start.

will upload some photos of it when the better weather come

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

All right dude how the Mondy going?

Had a few teething issues with my Focus so far, had new glow plugs replaced under warranty and it still keeps failing DPF regeneration and throwing up error codes but it is going to have to go back to be sorted, each time it does a regen I do drive it as long as I can keeping the gearing lower than normal so other than so far it has been a good experience.

Hi Simcor..2400 miles later and the Mondy is doing good. 55-63 mpg so I can't complain. Im gonna try the balnking off the EGR thing when I get round to it as thats supposed to be a good modification. Got deep blue footwell lights now (the wiring was already there...just had to put in the bulbs!). Also have a small issue with the ABS light occassionally popping on. It stays on a day or so then I dont see it until I forget it ..then it comes on.....I think Zak (thats the name my 11 year old daughter gave it) has a touch of ADHD.

All good...you ok mate?

Car ok?

Sounds to me like your abs issue is a short loom fault. Had the same thing on my cmax basically it got hot, expanded, broke the connection and the light was on. After diagnostics and parts, it cost me 112 quid to sort

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club