Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sony Cdx Fs214

Johna456

Iv just bought a 2005 focus sport and wanting to upgrade the cd player, is the cdx fs214 compatible ??. which other sony cd players are a prefect straight fit

The fs214 is commonly called a gen1 and is a direct replacement for the standard Visteon 6000cd.

The sound quality is a fair bit better on the gen1.

You can also fit a gen2 which is a hybrid between the gen1 and gen3 (oval style radio found on the facelift Focus).

Gen1-

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=231273298718&alt=web

Gen2-

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=161375210516&alt=web

You could also fit a gen3 if you also swap the radio fascia to the oval type, I have a how-to guide listed under this post if viewed on a PC.

It is very important to ensure that the gen1 is out of a Focus/Fiesta/Transit/Fusion as the one from a Mondeo is a different shape and dimension and will only fit a Mondeo dash.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app

That's the Mondeo one.

If you look at the front the grey trim around it is wider at the top than the bottom.

It bugs me when people list them as fitting the mondeo and focus when they definitely will not.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Ford OC mobile app

ta mate, will keep an aye for the fs214 or the gen 2

£110, its in the parts for sale section with some photos :) 6CD version doesnt play MP3 discs to my knowledge though...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club