Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Much Would This Cost To Repair?

Maxxxykins

Within 2 months of owning this, it's been involved in two accidents already.

The first, nothing major, yet still ******* annoying.

IMG_6532.jpg

IMG_6533.jpg

Parked down a street for about half an hour to pick something up from a shop round the corner, come back and I see a massive black mark across the passenger side of my car, found out it was rubber so most of it come off... this was what was left. No witnesses, no cameras.. typical.

I went to a bodyshop about this and he quoted me £220.. I laughed and said bye.

So then, two days ago, on my way to work, some idiot coming out of junction doesn't look left again and pulls out as i'm half way past him, then drives off... tried finding him, no luck. waiting on CCTV footage and a witness to come forward to give me the numberplate, was too annoyed at the time to even think of stuff like this. (I tried finding him for about half an hour).

Funnily enough, it was MK6 Dark blue fiesta, although I doubt he takes much care of his car as any of the forum users. Anyway the damage done..

IMG_6662.jpg

IMG_6664.jpg

IMG_6665.jpg

Got a quote for this from a bodyshop next door to the one above and the front wing/bumper for £340.. much better. Will need to get the alloy looked at aswell but this is a priority.

Have any of you had anything similar and how much did it cost to get it repaired?

Hopefully the culprit can be found and I won't have to pay anyway!

Cheers,

Gutted for you. Yaou should have gone straight to the police with the second one.

depends where you go, Chips away could do it for more than the bodyshop I suspect!

Chips away just use acrylic paints and don't last very long, just fade and in the end wash off. the whole panel needs painting in the end of the day and that's the sort of money it costs I'm sorry to say, paint alone with hardeners and lacquer will be £50's worth with a few hours labour and prep @ £40odd an hour it all adds up.

• Like 1

I went to the police about 20 minutes after, the local station where I live isn't a walk in one anymore so had to travel a good 10 miles.

340 for the lot sounds goods in my opinion, especially from what I saw of the guys work and what else was around his garage.

I thought chips away just dealt with small scratches not actual dents? I've always been told good things about chipsaway but never really trusted them.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

they do allsorts these days, scratches are the speciality but they do also do some dents and "trenches"

Just make sure once they've pulled it out that they go round the other side and match the profile from there back to this side :p

eich! I'm sorry to hear about the damage, I'ts always bad when something like this happens and to a new car as well, good luck with everything

Before and after my crash . Stay possitive it all works out in the end. Hurts to see a little scratch!! 1 week old alloys aswell

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

post-55765-140688407388_thumb.jpg

post-55765-140688409317_thumb.jpg

post-55765-140688423425_thumb.jpg

Ouch, looks like it was a bad one there Matt!

Damn, that's worse than mine, what happened? Was anyone hurt?

From what i've read on hear and what other people have told me, £340 isn't over expensive but isn't ridiculously cheap so will get this booked in.. haven't heard anything from the police or any of the shops around the area with CCTV that I asked..

Thanks for the tips guys

End of the day if you payout and insurance gets involved they will claim the cost back from the liable party.

Sent from my L900 using Ford OC mobile app

No I was on new tyres in heavey rain hit a curb at 30 mph not sure how I managed it but all fixed now

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

I would go through insurance but there's no point, I've notified them but I'm not gonna claim through them, I'd end up paying it all with my excess and getting a claim when there's practically no evidence of who did it!

Glad to hear that Matt.

And I was was thinking about investing in one a while ago, or maybe mounting a gopro to the dashboard, anybody got any suggestions?

• 1 month later...

Got this done anyway, only took him two days and was a great job. post-41720-141027920095_thumb.jpg

post-41720-141027921859_thumb.jpg

Gave it a good polish and clean after, still looks brand new.

Anybody in Hertfordshire/Cheshunt needs any work done message me for this guys details!