Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ive Hurt My St :(

Clarky2013

So, went down to the beach today, parked next to a metal fence , opened my door slowly, and the wind took the door and smashed into the fence. On inspection it looks like the scratch is down to the metal in a 3-4 mm wide line down the door edge. My heart dropped at this point.

So, off to Ford bodyshop in the morning. So my question is, how much can I expect to pay and can they just respray the edge or will the entire door need to be done?

:(

if its just the edge you might be able to polish it out, but if its dented it, they will probably have to fill then respray. Your probably looking at £120 minimum.

Have you got a picture?

I will get a pic on here when I get home. It is definitely dented as when I run my finger down it it feels bumpy. Absolutely gutted. When you say respray is that just the edge or the entire door panel?

Entire door, otherwise you'll get stripes appearing.

Best thing clean it to death, use some of the red Turtle wax ( wax for red cars ) and give it a resin wax after with the Autoglymn stuff, see what it's like after.

Day after I got mine I came out to it and found a huge black scrape all down the side from some !Removed! who couldn't park but after giving it a few hours worth of cleaning and scrubbing you actually cannot tell... his car on the other hand with the big white marks on the bumper suffered a far worse fate mwahahahaha

it would have to be the entire door, they would have to strip it back, fill the dent, smooth it off then respray

They can only normally respray part of the panel if its centre of the panel

What do you guys reckon then for the entire door £300+ ?

around about that yes :(

So just spoke to the ford bodyshop in my area , they said 500-600 to respray the door? Am I missing something here, seems a bit pricey? ohmy.png

That's way too much, £300 tops will do it, only half litre of paint to do the job, doors are easy to prep and paint.

Easy to beat out with a set of dollies should it be dented and it isn't just chipped all the way down.

These cars do chip easily don't they? My bumper is ripped to bits already, even flies are taking names with the damage they are doing at the moment.

Im not paying 500-600 lol that is mental, may aswell go get a another door from a red st that is being broken

Got a smart repair guy checking it in the morning and then seeing another place after that. Gonna shop around before I decided on what to do

I just used a smart repair guy for my kerbed alloy he did a great job. Hope you get the door sorted mate

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club