Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cursed

matt1981

So after being without the new car for 3 weeks in May due to a faulty fuel pump, tonight its been hit whilst parked outside my house. Its actually worse than the picture looks as the bumper is pretty much touching the wheel so can't be driven

post-51290-0-21219400-1406926129_thumb.j

Sorry to hear that. Some people shouldn't be allowed to drive. Did you get their details for the insurance claim?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 2

Sorry to hear that. Some people shouldn't be allowed to drive. Did you get their details for the insurance claim?

+1

Bright white car aswell, i mean how could they not see it!!

• Like 1

Yeah got the details, it was 2 cars who crashed and one ended up in mine. Anyone got any experience of getting cars fixed on insurance? I hope its pretty easy and pain free process, although the two drivers were arguing over liability

• Like 2

Just ring your insurance and they will do the rest for you

• Like 1

Yeah got the details, it was 2 cars who crashed and one ended up in mine. Anyone got any experience of getting cars fixed on insurance? I hope its pretty easy and pain free process, although the two drivers were arguing over liability

the two cars can argue mate,

Your concern is the insurance details of the car that impacted on your vehicle

The root cause of that is irrelevant because you were parked,

It is the insurance details of the vehicle that colided with yours that is responsible for taking care of your repair aswell as full tracking alignment and hand brake tension check.

• Like 1

Give your insurance company the details of all involved and they will then investigate and apportion liability.

Once your insurance company has assessed the damage at an approved garage the work will be carried out and you need to then pay the excess on collection.

If you have legal insurance then you will be able to claim your excess back from the guilty party or parties, if not then you would have to apply through a small claims court.

• Like 2

Christ didn't think about the excess

• Like 1

Christ didn't think about the excess

Ouch!

Just checked, thankfully its 'only' £100

• Like 1

having to pay £100 for the privilege and hassle of getting your car fixed up from damage caused through no fault of your own...don't you just love insurance :unsure:

• Like 2

Someone once crashed in to my car when it was parked. I just rang a 3rd party company who was recommended by VW and they sorted everything didn't pay any excess :S they came picked it up and dropped me off a brand new insignia. They had it about a month then it came back been fully resprayed and with a lifetime warranty on the body work :) and I just delt with one woman from that company and she did everything :)

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Ford OC

• Like 1

Same here nath. I'd recommend not going through your insurance and use an accident management company. I never paid an excess. Plus going through your insurance counts as you being in an accident even though you weren't and will have to be declared when you renew.

• Like 2

Having never had a bump in 15 years of driving I didn't give the accident management route a thought. I'll consider it next time.

I've got a hire car coming in a couple of hours, mine is being taken away early next week, and they did say today I wouldn't have to pay excess as they will claim this back, so we shall see.

Having never had a bump in 15 years of driving I didn't give the accident management route a thought. I'll consider it next time.

I've got a hire car coming in a couple of hours, mine is being taken away early next week, and they did say today I wouldn't have to pay excess as they will claim this back, so we shall see.

Good luck and let us know what hire car u get :)

• Like 1

Ouch! Sorry to hear that. On the bright side, at least the bumper did it's job and hopefully protected everything behind it.

• Like 1

Kathy the excess is something you pay regardless of blame. This money is owed to the garage who don't care who was at fault as long as they get paid. As the excess is something you agree to when you take out the insurance you can't tell the garage you won't pay it because it wasn't your fault. So the insurers pay the garage less the excess and you pay the excess. If the accident isn't your fault then the excess is claimed off the guilty driver.

As for whether you go through your own insurance or not is always up for debate. There are pros and cons. Remember that good quality policies will provide you with a free courtesy car anyway so you shouldn't have to go down the hire car route unless your car is a write off where no courtesy car is normally given. Your own insurers will guarantee the repairs and take up any repair quality dispute. The downside is you normally have to pay the excess then hope it's recovered and if you have uninsured loss recovery with your insurance then they will do this for you.

Accident management companies are fine if you choose a good one and can be very useful but they exist to make money and many will try and ramp up the charges to make that money. Fair enough but as it all comes off insurance we all end up paying more on our insurance to pay for it in the end anyway.

Either way you have to declare the accident to your insurers.

• Like 2

Got a 60bhp polo.....

Wow I bet u love it haha!

• Like 1

No central locking, no aux in, no alloys. Awful.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 2

Got a 60bhp polo.....

Oh dear, less than half the power of the ZS. I hate those kind of bottom of the line engines where you press the accelerator and all you get is more noise, no acceleration in any gear haha.

• Like 1

I hate those kind of bottom of the line engines where you press the accelerator and all you get is more noise, no acceleration in any gear haha.

Sounds like having a worn clutch lol.

• Like 1

Sounds like having a worn clutch lol.

nah the 1.2 3cylinder Volkswagen engine likes to snap a tooth on the timing chain at around 75,000miles

It then begins to use the pistons as teeth eating away at the cylinders,

Bought one for the missus last January sold it in April disaster

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club