Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hello There

JimMac78

Name's Jim, been a first-time owner of a Ford Focus (mk2 I think - 05 plate) for about 2-3 months now.

Not much else to tell, other than that I've got a starting problem which I've detailed in the Focus Club - would be grateful for anyone's assistance. Depressing image of mangled wing / door from this afternoon attached.

Cheers,

Jim

post-56899-0-90366500-1406929363_thumb.j

• Like 1

Name's Jim, been a first-time owner of a Ford Focus (mk2 I think - 05 plate) for about 2-3 months now.

Not much else to tell, other than that I've got a starting problem which I've detailed in the Focus Club - would be grateful for anyone's assistance. Depressing image of mangled wing / door from this afternoon attached.

Cheers,

Jim

welcome to the forum Jim,

That image there is a Mk1.5 focus, you could try eBay.co.uk or Fordpartsuk.com

Hi Lenny. You can recognise the model from the very limited amount of car in that image?! That might explain the trouble we had finding roof bars for it...

• Like 1

Hi Lenny. You can recognise the model from the very limited amount of car in that image?! That might explain the trouble we had finding roof bars for it...

:) what can i say man, im on here four years i know me focuses :lol:

Indicator unit design and flow of the arch panel thats a mk1.5

Roof bars from a mk1 will fit straight on there.

Your mk1.5 is a Mk1 chassis with a few little extras and different panels on the exterior,

Mines a mk2.5 just a mk2 with the same treatment as your mk1.5

Cheers man. That makes sense, we ended up putting mk1 bars on it but I couldn't figure out why.

I don't suppose you've any thoughts on my non-starting issue? http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/59904-not-starting-immobiliser/#entry392918

Thanks for the welcome either way :)

• Like 1

If you let him lick it, he can tell you loads of information about it!!

Including, but not limited to:

Mileage

Number of owners

When it was last serviced

And which fuel supplier you last used...

...you don't want to know what happens if he fondles it...

Sent from my SM-P600 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 4

lmfao at Sean, thats a brill comment :D

Welcome to the family Jim! you will come to learn that as you spend time here, you will lear lots of useful and useless information :D

So what happened to the car then?

• Like 1

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Sean, I quite literally laughed out loud. I'm almost tempted to let Lenny have a taste of the mudguards and see what he can do!

Jeebo, I'm still not entirely sure. Seems like the handbrake slipped (though it's not shown any signs since of there being any issues*) and although it was still cranked right up the car suddenly rolled down our (fairly steep) driveway. I'd just got out so the drivers side door was still open and thankfully I fought the urge to try to stop the car with my own feeble strength and dive out the way before the car was brought to a stop by the open door hitting the gatepost. Bent the door right back alongside the wing so the internal side is a mess too. I took the photo after I managed to manhandle the door back as far as it would swing but we had to take it off and reshape the hinges to get the thing to close anything like properly.

I'm actually grateful for the damage to the door since that impact stopped the car rolling out into the road - with my two year old in the back!

That said I'm now looking round the scrap yards for a new door and eventually a new wing too. I know it's not the done thing to ask stuff on here, but do any of you (Lenny ;) ) know if a door off of a mk1 or a mk2 will fit a mk1.5? Thinking in terms of broadening my choices at the yards...

Cheers again.

* edited to point out that I will be investigating the handbrake when I get chance, and in the meantime it's being parked in gear every time!

• Like 1

lmfao at Sean, thats a brill comment :D

Welcome to the family Jim! you will come to learn that as you spend time here, you will lear lots of useful and useless information :D

So what happened to the car then?

+1 there all comedians in this place :)

I'm now looking round the scrap yards for a new door and eventually a new wing too. I know it's not the done thing to ask stuff on here, but do any of you (Lenny ;) ) know if a door off of a mk1 or a mk2 will fit a mk1.5? Thinking in terms of broadening my choices at the yards.

Cheers again.

hi mate,

Your chassis is a mk1 so in theroy you could fit a mk1 door but you would then also need a mk1 wind to match the design and shape of the body,

Ultimately mk1.5 would be it mate, mk2 is completely differnt chassis and design nothing compatable there.

Also you will need to swap out your existing doors internals to the new replacement door to ensure your key, central locking and electric windows still work because all that stuff is synced to the GEM unit (brain of car) introducing a new module such as replacing door and pluging it in,

Your GEM may not communicate with the replacement internals because its not the synced one.

Easy to swap out like for like,

Start on the damaged door and you will be an expert on the replacement one,

If you can get a mk1 haynes manual it will be of great assistance to you when performing such repair and transplant

Bugger. Thanks again Lenny. Not the news I was hoping for but ultimately less frustrating.

• Like 1

Bugger. Thanks again Lenny. Not the news I was hoping for but ultimately less frustrating.

try it out first though mate,

Remove existing door,

Plug in new door and try operating passenger window from drivers side aswell as central locking,

If all worjs then your lucky and just need to change the lock,

I know Mk2 models mid 2005 onwards like all modern cars now use a Can-Bus system, created by Bosch the system operates more like a computer bonding and debonding various parts, for exampe no longer possible to change a leaking fuel injector and drive home,

No the replacement injector has to be programmed synced to the system,

Its all because the dealerships love us all very much and want to see us coming to them.

thank God for pirate copys of ford IDS and Chinese replica IDS to OBD adaptors lol

Ford charge 50 pounds to switch on there laptop

crikey! that was a fortunate turn of events! at least you were all alright!

Definatey easier to swap the door, trying to reshape it will be impossible, but also watch that the weight of the door being thrown around on impact hasnt bent the chassis to the point that the hinge contact points are mishapen or misaligned.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club