Do Not Sell My Personal Information

License Plate Bulb Problem

gjevans1992

Hi all,

I've been changing all the horrible yellow factory bulbs on my car and I was swapping the bulbs out and I've encountered a problem that I can't fix

Basically on the actual fixture itself it's held in by a metal spring which releases the socket so you have access to the bulb.

Somehow as I was trying to release the fixture from the hole I've managed to knock the spring out of its position at my it's catching on the inside of the hole thus meaning the fixture won't prise free and allow me to change the bulb

If anyone knows how to solve this then please let me know as it's bugging the hell out of me as I have one white bulb and one horrible yellow one :/

Thank you

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

It happened to mine, the metal spring had bent funny and was stuck. I managed to prise it out with some thin pliers and bend it back into position.

• Like 1

Thank god I'm not the only person, thanks for that was it fairly easy to get out and bend back into place?

Thank you

Yes was easy although I think it was on the verge of snapping so be careful

• Like 1

Okay I shall try not too, thanks for your help pal :)

Just thought I would update, managed to bend the metal spring out of the hole and back into place and the lights have all been changed now, thank you for all your help :)

:)

post-56566-140701877107_thumb.jpg

post-56566-14070188147_thumb.jpg

Looking good, just need some coloured screw caps now!

Where can I get them from mate

Thank you

Looking good! Are there's the 24 LED units? You should just get new plates... carbon Gel resin

Looking good! Are there's the 24 LED units? You should just get new plates... carbon Gel resin

Yeah these are 24's, and can you link me to what I would need please, save me the agro of looking haha

Thank you

Yeah these are 24's, and can you link me to what I would need please, save me the agro of looking haha

Thank you

I thought that... Here's the ones I've got - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Resin-domed-Number-Plates-Black-Carbon-Gel-or-Carbon-Fiber-letters-/111416563055?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19f0f1d56f . Just make sure you get the BS number and postcode on the bottom