Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Filter Age

StumpyBloke

Hi all. This might seem like an odd question but can you please tell me how old/mileage you think this air filter is from my Fiesta? The pictures don't quite show it, but there is some green lichen?? On the top edge of part of it. Thanks.post-55595-140706956662_thumb.jpgpost-55595-140706958156_thumb.jpgpost-55595-140706959383_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

• Like 1

Why??

Looks fit for the bin to me.

• Like 1

I can't say why just yet...but I will. I just need people opinions on its condition to start with :)

• Like 1

I can't say why just yet...but I will. I just need people opinions on its condition to start :)

looks to me like its been there since day one 2011 mate,

If its always been serviced at ford chances are it really it the original filter,

Ford never changed mine but billed me for replacing on invoices,

Heres one from mine was three years old:

Image2377.jpg

Image2378.jpg

Good thing about upgrading to an aftermarket filter such as Green Cotton Performance see Guide for 10% Discount:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/36783-green-cotton-performance-induction-filter-fitting-guide/

Is ford cant say they changed it when its still physically Green, and it also means they cant bill you for changing it neither,

• Like 1

Thanks Lenny...that's cleaner than mine! :)

• Like 1

Thanks Lenny...that's cleaner than mine! :)

i live in the country mate, yours looks to have alot of carbon monoxide deposits,

This may indicate alot of city driving or sitting in traffic where the filter would catch alot of fumes from other vehicles.

All said though mate its well over one year old for sure.

• Like 1

Yeah am going to get a new one, from somewhere, tomorrow. I guess OEM kit is the best? I suppose the state of mine can't be good for a car, certainly at least as far as fuel consumption goes!

• Like 1

Yeah am going to get a new one, from somewhere, tomorrow. I guess OEM kit is the best? I suppose the state of mine can't be good for a car, certainly at least as far as fuel consumption goes!

Green Cotton Performance or K&N would be the best direct replacement to be honest mate,

because theres more time spent manufacturing them over standard.

Your MPG will get better aswell as idle and gear change

Ok thanks Lenny. I'll have a look on t'interweb

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

Ok thanks Lenny. I'll have a look on t'interweb

566411275_o.jpg

to purchase a Green Cotton performance induction filter for your ford and feel the difference for yourself

log on to http://www.priracing....php/144/1/ford

and get 10% Discount off your Green Cotton Performance filter by using the code FORDOWNERSCLUB10

you can also get 20% Discount off any Ritchbrook branded stock by entering Discount Code: RICHBROOK20

both offers are exclusive to members of fordownersclub.com special thanks to Ross at Priracing for this kind offer.

• Like 1

Thanks for your help Lenny. I had to go with a Ford one in the end as my garage should be paying for it.

I asked all this because the car was apparently serviced before I bought it a month ago and I thought there is no way that air filter is only that old!!

• Like 1

If the receipt of the service center has an air filter billed, then I wouldn't go back to the same center, as they would be clearly robbing their customers. If the service receipt (or report) is not in with your car, ask the previous owners if they still have it.

Having said that, the service center that I go to, does not replacs the filter each year. They "check it visually and replace it if necessary". I had been taking it out and blasting it with an air compressor, so during the first three years it remained in better condition as yours, so they didn't replace it until the third service. Of course they did not chrage me either.

sent from my foolphone using tapatalk!

• Like 2

There was nothing to say that it had been changed...I just assumed it had. Not massively bothered...just glad it's new.

• Like 1

If you leave it to a garage to do it, make a mark on the filter somewhere with a permanent marker. Quick way to see if it has been changed

Sent from my SM-P600 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 2

If you leave it to a garage to do it, make a mark on the filter somewhere with a permanent marker. Quick way to see if it has been changed

like one of those house burglars that marks the window frame using his cigarette butt prior to robbing your house,

Ford mark your air filter then rob you aswell.

looks as though ford used up a whole marker contents on poor Richards :lol: its black as bajazus

• Like 1

Based on a conversation I had in my local dealership a few weeks ago, I wouldn't even trust them with a pack of crayons!

• Like 1