Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hello! 'new' St170.

Dwarf Giant

Hello, just bought a Focus ST170. It's a black 53 reg with 96000 miles. It needs a service and cambelt change, possibly needs a wheel bearing, has a slight rattle from the Powerflow exhaust (I think, usually happens when I come of accelerator or drop clutch) and has some shocking aftermarket alloys but I still think it's great.

The bonus being it only set me back £850, body work and interior are pretty good too.

Welcome to the family Tristan, and I must say you got a cracking car for so little money! how on earth did you manage that?

Well I had been watching it on eBay when it was more expensive, but it didn't sell. It then dropped to £850 and I couldn't resist. It definitely isn't perfect. The alloys are awful on it (although useable they WILL be getting changed at some point), I think it needs a wheel bearing done (£100ish), and I've booked it in for a well needed cambelt/water pump change and service(£450). It also has a bit of a rattle (I hope it's just a heat shield). Also the drivers window has stopped going up and down today (I will keep an eye on eBay for motor/relay as it's not the fuse.

Anyway if I have a st170 with years MOT and fresh cambelt for less than 2 grand that's not bad.

I've only taken one so far as I wanted to get one when it's done. Looks high up at the back on the pic as it's on a hill but doesn't normally look that high.

IMG_20140803_161428_zps09d63c8d.jpg

Great car - especially for the money!

If you paint the alloys black they would look much better

Well, booked it in to garage for service and cambelt. They have found it needs two rear springs, brake lines need replacing and discs and pads too.

Going to cost about £950 all in for repairs (so £1800 for car and repairs). Not such a bargain after all, although service/cambelt and pads are just 'routine' maintenance and shouldn't need doing again for a while. The alloys will be getting a DIY refurb to save cash me thinks!

Welcome to the club!

Great car for the money! I see what you mean about the wheels though but you can get them sorted easily :)

You could do the brakes and pads yourself for £just over £100, would be cheaper!

Rear Springs you could probably do relatively cheap also?

Well, if I had any mechanical skill I could but I'd end up making a balls of it I think.

wow, that car would be worth alot more this side of the pond, and here in Africa it would be driven till the wheels fall off.

I think you bought a bargain there.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club