Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Time To Say Goodbye To My Zetec S.... And Hello To My.....

Torchwood

im gonna pressure wash mine down with snowfoam when I get it, booked my local detailer in to do a new car detail interior and exterior 2 weeks after I pick it up, happy days. How are you enjoying yours Torchwood, been booting it around the past few days? :D any other hidden gadgets youve found ?

im gonna pressure wash mine down with snowfoam when I get it, booked my local detailer in to do a new car detail interior and exterior 2 weeks after I pick it up, happy days. How are you enjoying yours Torchwood, been booting it around the past few days? :D any other hidden gadgets youve found ?

Yep, that's what i would do, but i like to do it myself.. I don't want to detail the interior too much as it will spoil that New Car Smell...!!! oh its lush with the leather smell too, lol. It chucked it down the other night with rain and the following morning my car didn't have one water mark on it!! Well impressed with that polish i was,

Mate it is just a dream to drive, eats up corners. I had to drive down to Southampton for my charity cycle ride at the Wave 105 radio station yesterday, car has 179 miles, and i was recording 41.3 mph at 75, cruise on. Not bad! I know the first 3000 miles are all about running in, but i was impressed, was rising gradually all the time, but i do like 2nd gear, plant it and she just takes off!!! Got to upload pics of my roof ambient lighting!!

Question though for all ST owners,,,

What finish is the plastic around the gear lever and centre console??? You have the shiny gloss black for the Sony radio face, and my old ZS had matching gloss trim down the middle where the passenger airbag indicator is in the blank bit, and then around the air con dials and round the gear lever. On the ST3 its a matt finish. Is all the other ST's like that????

Wow that really nice! I prefer the silver wheels over the grey!

Yes i was really unsure which to go for!!? I saw the wheels in grey, and they looked, dull! So i went for broke and said no.... silver.

Sweet! yeah matte black around the gearstick, i love it more than the gloss finish. 179 miles! I had done that by lunchtime on my first day aha lol, get her up to 6000 rpm a few times and let the engine braking come into play, you need to seal the rings on these things to maximise power, some are making 199 bhp standard ive seen dynos of almost 205 bhp standard when they are run in 'hard'

Looks good! As above, did you add the 3 to the front badge? Also, any chance of a pic of these ambient lights in the roof? All I have is the main centre one and map reading lights!

Have a couple pictures for you Martyn..

They come on with the lights, and when you first unlock.

post-32313-0-11486700-1407411581_thumb.j

post-32313-0-46856800-1407411606_thumb.j

Just seen you are from Dorset, which dealer did you get it from if you don't mind me asking. A local one or did you travel?

Sweet! yeah matte black around the gearstick, i love it more than the gloss finish. 179 miles! I had done that by lunchtime on my first day aha lol, get her up to 6000 rpm a few times and let the engine braking come into play, you need to seal the rings on these things to maximise power, some are making 199 bhp standard ive seen dynos of almost 205 bhp standard when they are run in 'hard'

So what should i do just go out and let it rev up to 6000 through the gears a few times or for a longer period. Yes i want to maximise the engine, it is the same principle as a new motorbike, run it in below the power band range and it will be a slower bike amazingly, ride it like you butt is on fire and it is quick in top gear as well as accelerating through the gears. I was told years ago you need to let the turbo breath and give it a good blast through..

REALLY!!??? So accelerate hard, and come off throttle and allow the engine to slow you... you know i thought all that stuff was irrelevant with today's engines and technology! Nearly 205 when standard... But a MT upgrade is 215!! Right i better take her out a few evenings...lol.

I'd love to see some actual evidence of the benefits of "running in hard", not saying you're wrong, but everyone I've asked seems to have a different opinion on this. Aren't the engines bedded in to some extent before they are put in the car, and during whatever initial drive they do when it comes off the production line?

go on st oc and look at the bhp leaderboards and dyno printouts.

if you run it in properly and then get the mp215 there are cars that are pulling 217 -218 bhp with just mp215.

let it warm up 10 mins at least , find an open a road, flat out 2nd then 3rd and change around 4k in 4th (not encourging speeding ;) )

then just generally rev up to 5k once every 5 or 6 changes then gently lift off and let the revs drop to 2k then do it again )

repeat process for around 100- 200 miles, as this really only counts in the first 300 miles then the rings are sealed.

Torchwood, as i see your quite close to me geographically, could go out for a blast before mine goes back sunday and see how standard keeps up with mp215?

Do you have a link, I think I found it but I don't have permission: http://www.fiestastoc.com/forums/topic/102674-mk7-power-leaderboard/ is that it?

Edit: I might get mine on a rolling road before and after I get MP215, see what my "gentle" running in has done for it :)

Do you have a link, I think I found it but I don't have permission: http://www.fiestastoc.com/forums/topic/102674-mk7-power-leaderboard/ is that it?

Edit: I might get mine on a rolling road before and after I get MP215, see what my "gentle" running in has done for it :)

Thats the one, just checked myself, there are 3 mp215's on it.

1. 220 bhp

2. 218 bhp

3. 217bhp

I know 2 of the users used the same method as me and the other uses his for racing/ track days

That's pretty impressive, did any of those say what they did when running in, and were those on the same dyno with same fuel etc? Probably should be on the same day too haha.

One of them red lined it out of the dealership (you get the impression) and others just tend to drive it like they stole it. And most people use vpower or tesco 99 , same as I do

Yeah I've only ever put VPower in mine. The thing is if those bhp readings aren't all from the same dyno I assume they might not be comparable to eachother.

You need to take it with a pinch of salt. If you do the dyno when it is 30 degress outside and then when it is 10 degress outside, the readouts will be different. However, those figures are consistent which is why I trust them , and from different dyno's.

if you run it in properly and then get the mp215 there are cars that are pulling 217 -218 bhp with just mp215.

let it warm up 10 mins at least , find an open a road, flat out 2nd then 3rd and change around 4k in 4th (not encourging speeding ;) )

then just generally rev up to 5k once every 5 or 6 changes then gently lift off and let the revs drop to 2k then do it again )

repeat process for around 100- 200 miles, as this really only counts in the first 300 miles then the rings are sealed.

Torchwood, as i see your quite close to me geographically, could go out for a blast before mine goes back sunday and see how standard keeps up with mp215?

Ok, that will be the plan for the next few miles, and all achievable without breaking the speed limits..

Yep, up for that. I think you are just up the road. Sunday is going to be crap as the tail end of a hurricane batters the south and west.

Ok, that will be the plan for the next few miles, and all achievable without breaking the speed limits..

Yep, up for that. I think you are just up the road. Sunday is going to be crap as the tail end of a hurricane batters the south and west.

I will pm you about it

Cheers for those interior lighting pics, I'm almost certain mine doesn't have that! Will get some photos of mine up to compare. Also seems like the rear view mirror area on your windscreen is different, the dotted black strip is much taller on mine and the gps sensor for emergency assistance is in there. Wonder why these things change!

Cheers for those interior lighting pics, I'm almost certain mine doesn't have that! Will get some photos of mine up to compare. Also seems like the rear view mirror area on your windscreen is different, the dotted black strip is much taller on mine and the gps sensor for emergency assistance is in there. Wonder why these things change!

Happy to help, yea lets have a look, maybe its the slightly different spec as yours is ST2 and mines ST3?? Dotted black strip??? I know mines has the Auto headlights and auto rain wipers, and auto dim rear view mirror, maybe that's why it all looks a bit different around there?

I've taken two similar pictures to yours - tried to remember the angle you used to get as close as possible. Failed a bit there...

Mine has the slots like yours does for the lights and there's something shiny and silver looking inside them. I can't make it out though, it's very hard to see in there clearly! I think it might just be a hollow silver hole or something? Or my lights are there but don't work lol. What do yours look like when they're not on?

Your windscreen strip is certainly shorter than mine, sensor looks different too but I guess that's because you have the rain sensor which I don't. In short, both your car and camera are better than mine :lol:.

post-18302-0-15021000-1407527596_thumb.jpost-18302-0-17301700-1407527602_thumb.j

I've taken two similar pictures to yours - tried to remember the angle you used to get as close as possible. Failed a bit there...

Mine has the slots like yours does for the lights and there's something shiny and silver looking inside them. I can't make it out though, it's very hard to see in there clearly! I think it might just be a hollow silver hole or something? Or my lights are there but don't work lol. What do yours look like when they're not on?

Your windscreen strip is certainly shorter than mine, sensor looks different too but I guess that's because you have the rain sensor which I don't. In short, both your car and camera are better than mine :lol:.

attachicon.gif1.jpgattachicon.gif2.jpg

I Will take another pic Martyn, think if i leave the door open or sit patiently inside they will go out, then i can have a good look and take a snap. I see what you mean now with the windscreen strip and the box up top. I'll take another pic of that too..

I think it is the extras added that changed the layout and finish to the screen....

• 6 months later...

HA...

The light just came on saying "Check Tyre Pressures"...

Don't you just love those little things you weren't too sure about... Then find out for sure later that make you smile!! Looks like ST3 does have same spec as Titanium X... :D :D :D

All new cars registered since September, I think have to have them fitted as standard.

Well I found out the total closure by accident.. but peeps weren't sure on the rest. But, result!!! :D