Share Your Car Experience
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts

Tubateacher

Is Cruise Control Standard On An S Max Titanium

7 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I have just bought my first ford!!

I have bought a 56 plate S-max Titanium. I want to know if it comes with cruise control. I can see on the steering wheel a button which has a speedometer on it (left hand side) but when I press it nothing happens? Am I working it incorrectly or is something wrong?

I thought that it would be standard on all titaniums or am I wrong? Again!

A swift reply would be much appreciated as if it should have cruise control then I need to return to garage asap tomorrow to get it sorted.

Many thanks in advance

do you have the glove box book?

there are various things fitted so have a read of it and see if they match yours.

on mine its fitted i have various buttons each side of the steering wheel.

Thanks Gregers,

No I don't have the book, not sure if the garage have left it out by mistake or it isn't with the car. I do have the controls on the steering wheel though. Just not sure if I am activating it properly. How do you switch it on?

Thanks

Paul

Yes the titanium has cruise control.

It should be activated by pressing the button with the speedo on it - then the same icon should light up green on the dashboard cluster.

If it is not activating them you have a problem with the wheel speed sensors (or the wiring to one of them).

If its like the rest of the Ford Range, you need to press the speedo button, then the set + or set - button

Hello all,

I have just bought my first ford!!

I have bought a 56 plate S-max Titanium. I want to know if it comes with cruise control. I can see on the steering wheel a button which has a speedometer on it (left hand side) but when I press it nothing happens? Am I working it incorrectly or is something wrong?

I thought that it would be standard on all titaniums or am I wrong? Again!

A swift reply would be much appreciated as if it should have cruise control then I need to return to garage asap tomorrow to get it sorted.

Many thanks in advance

Cruise control only works above 20 mph, well, at least on the Max (just in case you weren't aware).

You need to press the on button as you have and when up to speed press the set button