Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

justdman69

Ford Focus 1.8 Tdci Shaking Doors

2 posts in this topic

I just want to share my experience, my ford 1.8tdci 2007 doors was shaking really bad when the engine was on... It got taken to a garage for a new water pump and the machanic said my engine mounts needed changing to stop the rattling .... I thought I'd leave it for a while and see if it got any worse..... A few weeks later the clutch went.. The pedal was stuck to the floor.. So I took it back to the same machanic where he replaced the clutch flywheel and slave cylinder .... And this corrected the rattling ... So all along it was a clutch problem and not the engine mounts.... It cost me just a little under £600 but worth every penny .... My car drives like a 2007 again and not a horse and cart... Engine mounts would have cost me an extra £300 so I'm happy I didn't rush into getting them replaced .......

Great result there Justin!

Moving to the Focus section in case anyone looks there specifically for the answer!