Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mountune Booked :)

Phil 87

I spoke to revo at FF and was told that I should speak to someone at scc(can't remember name Steve possibly) about been able to flash the Ecu back to stock for any warranty work. Apparently It can be done but all abit hush hush I think. I never went to speak to this guy cause the Que was huge.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Ford OC

I want to get moutune for my st. How much and where can i get it done?

It's about 690 with fitting. Some places offer discounts. Best bet is to go on mountune website and see where your nearest mountune approved fitter is

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I want to get moutune for my st. How much and where can i get it done?

Depends on where you are, your profile picture looks like your in the US, if so have a look on mountuneusa. They are still in the process of getting carb approval so as yet aren't fitting it at ford dealers but you can still order it using the Mtune device (about $1200)

If your in the uk though any ford dealer can fit or Mountune HQ £599 + whatever labour rate they charge.

Ford stealership, £645 inc. vat I paid.

Had it done @ Gordons in Bolton.

I'm thinking of getting it on a rolling road this week before the upgrade, and again after. I've never done this before though so I just thought I'd ask, is there any risk of damaging the engine, or is it no worse than flooring it through the gears on a road?

It must be fine cause plenty of people have it done and it's used for testing etc. may be wrong though but my guess is it'd be fine. Didn't have mine on rolling road may get it done

rolling roads are fine, just make sure the engine is warm, but any decent place will have done this. Plus the cars are 'plugged in' so if anything does look like its about to explode they will shut it down. Like you say no different from doing a 0- 100 (or above) standing start, on a private road of course :rolleyes:

Thanks, that's reassuring. I might just wait til after I have MP215 and save money instead of doing it twice.

I wonder how the overboost will affect it, I mean if it lasts 15 secs hopefully that's enough for them to do what they need to. Do they go through all the gears or just say 3rd 4th and 5th?

They usually do the run in 3rd gear and its not done long enough for the oveboost to time out, they get it rolling in 1st and 2nd then floor it in first.

Sounds terrible when they do it and is a bit worrying to hear your car being revved, make sure your fluid levels are ok and tyre pressures.

Id get a before and after to give you an idea of the gains made.

I just spoke to the dealer and the parts came this afternoon, so it's definitely happening on Friday :D

No badge though, as I suspected. I guess I'll have to go back for that another time. Also called about my insurance, I'm with Esure at the moment, and after a lot of confusion about what the car is and just how much power it will have (is it 180 or 200 or 215 haha) they say it will only cost me a few quid more each month. That's surprising because they don't actually recognise the "ST 215" as other insurers do, and have to insure it as modified instead. They said it would be insured as an engine modification up to +10% bhp with an engine management change, but I need to make sure they know it's the intake too. I couldn't even get a quote on Esure's website, if I choose air filter and engine management as modifications it says "sorry we can't insure you" :wacko:

Can you get there policy team to have a look at mountunes website or look for the ABI code for an ST3 215 upgrade ( been told the code is 18593399) it's not like is a big difference between a ST2 upgrade and a ST3 upgrade.

Best to make sure they know what they are insuring incase the worst happens.

I'll give them another call. Did you get that ABI code from Mountune? I called them today and they said to just insure it as a "ST 215", and it doesn't matter whether it's ST2 or ST3 in this case. I don't know if all 3 have the same ABI code though.

Edit: I think if the ST 215 doesn't come up on their system (also isn't on their website) maybe they just won't insure it, or only insure it as modified. I'm no insurance expert but wouldn't they want to do some kind of analysis before deciding to insure a new car, whether they have the ABI code or not?

The code was put up on another forum, I noted it down for when I pick my ST3 up. My ST2 was insured as ST2 215 upgrade.

Don't think you can just insure it as a 215 upgrade it has to include the ST 1, 2 or 3 due to the cost differences of the trim levels.

The way I understand the codes to mean is the insurers know what each model should cost and what it's equipment/trim is

I would definitely get it in a letter if they want to put it down as a ST 215 that they don't mind if it is a 1,2 or 3, if anything happens they will try and wriggle their way out of it.

Just looked at the Mountune site and they don't list an ABI code for the fiesta or mk3 focus ST, they do for the other models. The mk2 focus ST has 6 different codes for the 3 trim levels and 3 and 5 door versions.

In any case it s best to check that your insurers know exactly what your fitting.

I would definitely get it in a letter if they want to put it down as a ST 215 that they don't mind if it is a 1,2 or 3, if anything happens they will try and wriggle their way out of it.

This is what I was thinking, although it says ST2 on the door pillar so I doubt they could argue against that if I insure it as ST2 215.

Just looked at the Mountune site and they don't list an ABI code for the fiesta or mk3 focus ST, they do for the other models. The mk2 focus ST has 6 different codes for the 3 trim levels and 3 and 5 door versions.

In any case it s best to check that your insurers know exactly what your fitting.

Yeah I noticed that before, I guess there is a different code for ST 215 and ST2 215, and maybe the insurers are just really slow at figuring out that there is an ST3 215, if Mountune even bothered to sort out an ABI code for that. I might call Mountune and ask for the ABI codes for all 3.

Insurance sorted. It's insured as modified, and it works out at about £6.60 more per month than the standard car, so not too bad considering most quotes I've looked at when insuring as modified are ridiculously high. I made sure they know it's engine management and air filter and up to +10% power, so can't go wrong with that really.

It has 7 months until it will need to be renewed, so in the meantime I'll see if I can figure out what's going on with the ABI codes and lack of ST3 215 on insurance sites.

Admiral wanted £40 more for the year to have my ST-3 with the MP215, and I'm 19. Decided not to go with Mountune, looking at getting the car booked in at SCC performance to get Revo :)

Just had a glance at revo's figures...love the way they make the gains look as big as possible by quoting standard power/torque without overboost then the gains including overboost!

Also, presumably for the same reason, they have quoted the stock ST at a slow 7.25 seconds to 60! and given the stage 1 revo map a rather optimistic 6.1 for the same dash...all from a slightly vague '204-217bhp' remap. :) Better value than mountune I suppose, but taking into account the loss of engine warranty possibly not.

I found the mountune gains not worthwhile enough for my taste so will be keeping mine standard, complete with £180 insurance from esure, and that's fully protected no claims and a tiny £50 excess. One of the few joys of getting older ;)

• Like 1

All the tuners do that helps with sales, bhp figure ends up being more important than how it drives.

Best 1 I've seen is a +47bhp gain which was done by picking a point on the graph where the standard cars power had dropped off and the tuned car hadn't. Peak gain was only 20bhp which was about right for a Stage 1 tune but that doesn't grab people's attention as much.

It's also why they keep calling the car ST180 instead of just ST.

It's also why they keep calling the car ST180 instead of just ST.

If I'm not mistaken, the MP215 is a figure with overboost as well, implying it has more power without boost

Yes if the overboost figure has gone up from 200 to 215 then the non overboost power will have gone up by the same amount

I got mine Mountuned last month... amazing!! Makes it so much better all round!

The revs seem to hold longer, it sounds better and packs a bigger punch! Only downside is you will have to wait 4 weeks for a badge :(