Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mountune Booked :)

Phil 87

Did you put it on before or after you had the mp215 ? (On your last st)

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Ford OC

The mountune hose was already fitted when mp215 was done

Mm dunno then. I was thinking maybe they map it different with the hose on or whatever.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Ford OC

Now I'm confused whether to get it or not cause don't want to loose the loud turbo noise, it's addictive aha

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

It may just have been something stupid on my car, loads and loads of people have the mountune hose with mp215 and say it's great

Think I'll go for it then. Is there difference between js one and mountune? Also blue or yellow. My engine cover is been done SB and gloss black

Go for blue looks great with engine cover same colour here's mine

post-38083-14079215597_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Yeah that looks nice. How much did your cover cost, I was quoted 160 cause of having two colours. It'll be done for ford fair next year along with a few other additions :)

As above was that cost from a body shop. On another note phil87 you'll have to keep us updated once you get the mp215 and give us your feedback.

Was that 130 for spraying, or 130 for a new cover in SP & gloss black Phil..

That's just the spraying. They have to flat it, prime, paint black all over then add the blue. A new cover is about £80 if you want to keep your original

As above was that cost from a body shop. On another note phil87 you'll have to keep us updated once you get the mp215 and give us your feedback.

Will do, just over a week to wait :). I'll give them a call tomorrow and see if they have the parts yet, then hopefully I can get it booked in sooner.

Will do, just over a week to wait :). I'll give them a call tomorrow and see if they have the parts yet, then hopefully I can get it booked in sooner.

We'll have to meet up again phil so I can go for a spin with you see if I can tell the difference.

We'll have to meet up again phil so I can go for a spin with you see if I can tell the difference.

Yeah definitely. If we can find a quiet dual carriageway we could do something like a 30 to 70 side by side, like in this video:

Didn't want to post on the MP215 review clarky has provided, thought this would be more suitable.

Really trying to weight up my options of getting either the mp215 or revo stage 1 (for the moment)...

From what I can work out, cost wise..

MP215

The cost of the MP215 kit is £599 before any parts being fitted, followed by around £70 if you were to get a local dealer to have it fitted. For this kit, you get..

- Customer aluminium high-flow air box/dual cold air feeds

- Mountune high-flow panel air filter (KN)

- Porous lower air feed house

- Required hardware/clips

- Remap

- Mountune badge

Claims; 0-62 in 6.4 seconds / 31-62 in 5.7 seconds

So to confirm, the high-flow airbox is acting as an induction, is that correct? (Just that I'm not 100% sure)

Revo Stage 1 (From SCC Performance)

Taking into account the cost of mp215, the price of the revo stage 1 is remotely similar coming out around £600, if you buy the KN filter (33-2955) separately for around £30 from amazon or other similar sites.

- Remap

- Induction hose

- KN air filter

Claims; 0-62 in 6.1 seconds / 30-70 in 5.2 seconds

Now, if you're somebody who really appreciates their warranty, of course you would opt for the mountune. However, for me this is as they say "sitting on the fence".

I don't yet know how much extra SCC will charge to have the stage 1 fitted, not much I am sure though because there is no bolt on, bolt off action with stage 1.

What I'd like is everyone elses' opinions? From what I've read, there's a minority difference between a stock st and the mountune upgrade. And I find £600 or so a lot of money to spend to not see that much of a difference. Of course given the option between stock or mountune(d) you would opt the mountune. I think it would be good to see three st's battle it out, one with revo, one with mountune and one stocked to really see if there's a comparable difference between the three. Then perhaps I can make up my mind :P

The mountune air box does act as an induction kit that's where the hiss comes from.if I was you I'd seriously consider revo. Stage 1 other owners seem to rave about and a guy near me has a stage 2 and it is seriously quick. If you go mountune yes you keep the warranty but then you will want stage 2 which breaks the warranty and will only be 230 or 235 whereas revo stage 2 is up to 240 I think they claim (if someone else could confirm) and breaks the warranty anyway. I think the simplest way of looking at the decision:

If you want warranty and a bit more power: mp215 and stay at stage 1.

If you don't mind loosing warranty and want a hell of a lot more power: revo, finsport, Collins , puma speed. (I'd go revo though)

Also reading up on convos at ff sounds like revo are working on stage 3 aren't far off it.

Plus the revo stickers look cool ;P

Yes all MR packs will loose warranty and it's meant to be around 235 mountune say. Revo stage 2 says 235 but actual figures from cars fitted with it are putting out 240-250 apparently

From revo website:

'We tend to be realistic with our quoted figures, these are quick little cars and it's worth noting our Stage2 development vehicles were showing well over 240bhp on the dyno.'

You having your new one revo'd, mountune or standard ?

Plan was mp215 again but after steeping out of my red one into my new one and not being shocked at how slow standard is compared to mp215 I'm considering staying standard for a bit at least get a few thousand miles into the engine as they drive so much better once bedded in.

Standards far from slow though isn't it :) but the compared to my metal it flys. You think it'd be worth doing a revo stage 1 already having the mp215 fitted or just wait and go stage 2

Im not sure actually, may be worth ringing them and seeing what they say

Personally I wouldn't say it's worth jumping from MP215 to Revo stage one, because there's minimal difference between the two which you wouldn't really notice.

Revo have a stage three they're just about to bring about, looking forward to seeing the gains from that and pricing.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club