Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Modifications

Enko

Im planning to modify/upgrade my mk3 mondeo but keep it simple and low cost as possible.

At the moment I'm thinking of window tints and air filter/induction kit but for starters I really need to find some alloys!

Anybody else have any suggestions or tips?

• Like 1

If you go for an induction kit don't forget the cold air feed and a good low cost mod carbon fibre rap the centre console

• Like 1

Thanks I haven't really thought about the interior but that sounds good.

What Lenny said...

To sum up, induction kits are more or less a waste of time....

All excellent ideas for mods. My suggestion, which I personally think is the most bang for your buck is a remap, especially if it's a diesel or turbocharged. Also, for me, one of the important things was a decent sound system, which might/might not be of interest to you. Happy modding :)

What Lenny said...

To sum up, induction kits are more or less a waste of time....

absolutly just create more noise,

However if you have a turbo, upgrade to a straight swap performance induction airbox filter,

Instead of alloys you could get some chrome paint from Dealz mask up the tyres and spray the steel rims :) Pimpin also kick in your fuel flap giving the impression that you've fitted a wide arch body kit..

IMG_20140805_133757_zpsjgkjvw9_edit_1407

IMG_20140805_133802_zpsuwzwpjs_edit_1407

• Like 1

absolutly just create more noise,

However if you have a turbo, upgrade to a straight swap performance induction airbox filter,

To be honest I wouldn't mind a bit more noise :) I don't have a turbo just a 1.8 petrol but thanks

All excellent ideas for mods my suggestion, which I personally think is the most bang for your buck is a remap, especially if it's a diesel or turbocharged. Also, for me, one of the important things was a decent sound system, which might/might not be of interest to you. Happy modding :)

A remap sounds good but Isn't that quite expensive? Im happy with my standard sound system at the moment as it kicks out a lot more bass than my previous car but might look into an upgrade one day ;)

• Like 1

Instead of alloys you could get some chrome paint from Dealz mask up the tyres and spray the steel rims :)

Thanks that looks good or at least do that until I get some alloys. I just can't stand seeing the steelies behind the trims!

Its difficult to get any more power out of the 1.8 petrol - but easy to make it louder

Have a look around the site for ideas for cosmetic mods

All the 5-stud Ford wheels fit, like Focus mk2 etc there are lots for sale online etc

A remap sounds good but Isn't that quite expensive? Im happy with my standard sound system at the moment as it kicks out a lot more bass than my previous car but might look into an upgrade one day ;)

If it's anything like the Focus sound system (I can see reasons why being a Ford, it would and reasons why it wouldn't be the same) then I know what you mean - one thing I wouldn't mind is a touch more bass, I like my rock/metal and I think a smidge more would be nice, so I'm looking into a cheap sub that I can easily take in and out of the boot when I need/want..

If it's anything like the Focus sound system (I can see reasons why being a Ford, it would and reasons why it wouldn't be the same) then I know what you mean - one thing I wouldn't mind is a touch more bass, I like my rock/metal and I think a smidge more would be nice, so I'm looking into a cheap sub that I can easily take in and out of the boot when I need/want..

I dont now if it is because the system is better or the acoustics are superior but the stock Mondeo system sounds quite good

• Like 1

I dont now if it is because the system is better or the acoustics are superior but the stock Mondeo system sounds quite good

My focus sound system sounds brilliant, especially compared to my old car. It's just now over 3 years down the line, I'm looking for a little more with it :lol: ...

But they might be different altogether, it's just with Ford you can never guess...

• Like 2

I think once you start getting the sound upgrade, it's an ongoing process then. Myself, I basically did it in steps over the course of 1 year. That way, I heard the difference after a new part was installed. This article, which I found afterwards, is a nice way to think of your upgrade path.

http://www.crutchfield.com/learn/budget-friendly-car-audio-set-up.html?showAll=N

• Like 1

+1 for getting a sub first as you get the most for your money. You will hear a big difference :)

• Like 1

Iv'e seen and heard all the hi's and lows about induction kits the fact is the mid range one i fitted promised 5BHP increase but i got an increase of 2BHP but also got an increase of 4MPG and as you are on a budget an increase in economy should sound good i will post some pics of my new induction kit soon maybe the smooth pipe i fitted helped as i has less resistance than the standard pipe

• Like 2

I know someone scrapping their saab and I like the wheels on that and after a bit of research I believe they will fit my mondeo if I get a hub ring :)

Also anyone think its worth trying to tint the windows with tinting spray? (I think I know the answer to this..)

• Like 1

Have you 'upgraded to footwell lighting'?

Most Mondeo MK3's have the wiring and sockets all fitted and live.

All you need is two 501 bulbs from Wilkinsons which cost £1.50 and simply fit them. Or for £9.50 you can get some blue neons to really make it look cool.

Whilst in Halfords getting your neons get another packet and fit them in the courtesy lights behind the vanity mirrors ..for a cool blue look in the evenings !

I have a Mondeo MK3 TDCI and the footwell lights really do transform the car.

• Like 1

Have you 'upgraded to footwell lighting'?

Most Mondeo MK3's have the wiring and sockets all fitted and live.

All you need is two 501 bulbs from Wilkinsons which cost £1.50 and simply fit them. Or for £9.50 you can get some blue neons to really make it look cool.

Whilst in Halfords getting your neons get another packet and fit them in the courtesy lights behind the vanity mirrors ..for a cool blue look in the evenings !

I have a Mondeo MK3 TDCI and the footwell lights really do transform the car.

:lol: very stereotypical comment there "while in Halfords getting neons" :lol:

There's LED Bulbs on eBay.co.uk 255% cheaper than Halfords store,

Go in to Halfords view the item, go home, log on to eBay and purchase it :)

• Like 1

Footwell lighting will be good if its as easy as it sounds :) I don`t really trust myself with wiring haha

• Like 2

The footwell light thing really is that simple...if your car has the sockets, which apparantly most mk3 cars do.

Get a little mirror and look up midway along under the glovebox. You should see an empty bulb socket....simply fit the bulb.

Similar drivers side about level with the brake pedal.

Best of luck with it.

:)

• Like 1

The footwell light thing really is that simple...if your car has the sockets, which apparantly most mk3 cars do.

Get a little mirror and look up midway along under the glovebox. You should see an empty bulb socket....simply fit the bulb.

Similar drivers side about level with the brake pedal.

Best of luck with it.

:)

+1

Footwell lighting will be good if its as easy as it sounds :) I don`t really trust myself with wiring haha

I have done a guide on fitting front and rear footwell lighting aswell as illuminated ignition ring,

See link on my profile page,

Guide to Fitting Footwell Lighting In Your Ford Click Here

If you don't have footwell lighting sockets currently there or would like to add any of the above i can link you to all supplies and instruct you on the process if desired.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club