Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cmax Recall..

ninja636109

I have recently received confirmation that my cmax needs a recall on the radiator fan due to corrosion. After having the recall done I have been told by ford I need a new fan costing 400 pound. surely if the recall is to remedy corrosion if my fan has corroded they should replace it free of charge as the reason it has corroded is due to these parts not being fitted from the factory... Anyone had this repaired free from Ford??

I've had done for free and it took 10mins

Focus C-Max 2004 1.6 TDCI Zetec

any more info on this recall?

edit: ignore me just seen the other thread with the info

Yeah I contacted ford uk today and they said it would be a repair to my vehicle and as such I would have to foot the bill for the fan to be replaced, I really don't see why I should pay for it to be fixed when ford have accepted liability for corrosion to the fan wires.

Yeah I contacted ford uk today and they said it would be a repair to my vehicle and as such I would have to foot the bill for the fan to be replaced, I really don't see why I should pay for it to be fixed when ford have accepted liability for corrosion to the fan wires.

• 3 weeks later...

got this of ford etis web site

Outstanding Field service Actions

4C570 - ENGINE FAN CONTROL MODULE

what does this mean does ford cover this when car is out of warranty

paul

Fsa's are covered under ford warranty. If a problem is there due to the recall not being done then they should pay for the repair. Ive done about 20 in the last month or so

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Ford OC mobile app

Fsa's are covered under ford warranty. If a problem is there due to the recall not being done then they should pay for the repair. Ive done about 20 in the last month or so

so what you are saying is if the part is faulty ford should cover the cost of replacing part even though the car is out off warranty

Im doing multiple c-maxs that are 56 plates an customer is not being charged for the work. Luckily i havnt spotted any problems due to thus recall not being done.

Im sure they would class it as consiquential damage due to the recalk not beig done (if it is the recall that has caused the issue) i think its due to corrosion or water ingress into the wirig causig t to short out and burn the fan module whuch is connect to the fan.

Im not part of customer relations or admin an have very very little to do with pricing and sourcung of money from warranty etc. But id be extrenly suprised that you would have to oay for danage if its a result of the recall not being done. Unless it had to be completed within the manufacturing warranty years (first 3 years)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club