Do Not Sell My Personal Information

St Ride Firmness

philr62

Anyone whos come from a zetec s to a st ?

How do the rides compare ?

Not had a chance to test drive yet as the dealers haven't got one on site and I'm interested to know , I think the zetec s is quite firm , is the st much harsher?

I'm picking a st up in a few weeks , im no stranger to hot hatches so know roughly what to expect but just curious.

I made the change in April. The ST is noticeably lower (lower than rivals too such as Clio RS) and it is hard over bumps. To be honest, the epic seats absorb most of it and as a driver, you are too busy enjoying the drive and the noise to worry. Passengers may think differently.

The ride is rather 'busy' at low speed but much better once you are flowing along at speed.

Ok cheers for that , I don't really carry passengers that much except the Mrs and she is used to a firm ride ooo errr.

Agree it's much firmer than the ZS. Only person who's commented on it is my mrs.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Same as phill. I like but the ball n chain doesn't I was told on a perfectly smooth road that "this road is bumpy" lol

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Ford OC

I agree too, as the driver I don't really have any issues with it, but some passengers have complained. I find it perfectly comfortable except on really bumpy roads, on which it feels like my spine is being used as a part of the suspension :wacko:

I don't even have a missus, so hey the ST is lighter....

It is firmer a fair bit then my ZS, i was concerned of the comfort levels, but had it 10 days now and......yea, i dont think about it, lol. It doesn't bang around as if the struts are going to ping through the body, and there is no clanging. Like all have said its soooo much fun in 2nd and 3rd, and the recaro seats do absorb a lot, you are wrapped in the drivers seat and whosh... your off!!! Cheesy grin, cheesy grin, cheesy grin...

• Like 1

Cheers all for your input.

So all in all you would say it's on the right side of back breaking stiff?

I once had a clio197 with cup suspension so maybe on a par with that?

There are many many cars with harder suspensions that the ST! It's all relative...even something harmless like an Abarth 500 has a harder ride. Try before you buy and all that, felt fine to me but I don't think I've ever owned a car with a soft set-up so maybe not the best reference.

Definitely firmer than a 197 I've been in - can't compare against the cup, sure someone has been in both though.

No where near a clio cup, the seats in them are really uncomfortable, the ST seats are much bettter

No where near a clio cup, the seats in them are really uncomfortable, the ST seats are much bettter

Ah cheers mate, one of the reasons I got rid of the clio.

Those seats were pants, the only car that gave me back ache.

Along with the chocolate syncros in the box lol.

I'm getting impatient now 3 weeks 1 day to pick up the st3.

Sat in a Cup, and an old Clio sport.. Firm YES, unforgiving on your jewels..YES! I could have sang the opera when i got back out the car if not for the pain. The ST is comfortable, I did an hour journey when i first got mine, i need cruise control for my battered Wayne Rainey type right knee, and with the curved seats too, the forward part of the bum really holds the underside of your legs right up to where they bend at the knees.

Pity you are in Sussex, you could come sit in mine to put your woes to rest.. Ah good example there, the Abarth 500 is quite a stiff ride, Alison is right! Been in one, too small, = small seats. The recaro's really do wrap around you, and there heated for the winter... Bigger cheesy grin!!!

...oof 3 weeks! Hmm, have you been to the doctors to help you along until then! I did and mine prescribed Fiesta ST patience pills, he knew exactly what was wrong when i explained the symptoms... Subconsciously grinning from ear to ear, holding an imaginary steering wheel in front of you whilst making barrr broom broom, barrrr noises, tilting your head from left to right as you sweep round imaginary corners, and sometimes all at the same time!

They did help me sleep... ;) Although some nights i woke up sat up in bed with a reshaped pillow as a steering wheel,!!

• Like 1

Thanks you have put my mind to rest.

Lol at your remedy for the wait.