Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone getting the new Durashift automatic transmission model?

Nightowl

Just wondered if anyone has driven the Durashift automatic Fiesta yet - or thinking of doing so?

If so - thoughts?

I understand that the New Fiesta automatic has a regular torque coverter and 4 gears, and the Durashift was reserved for some diesel Focus. Have you got another information?

I understand that the New Fiesta automatic has a regular torque coverter and 4 gears, and the Durashift was reserved for some diesel Focus. Have you got another information?

NEW FORD FIESTA: AUTOMATICALLY EXCELLENT New Durashift automatic transmission

BRENTWOOD, Essex, Monday, 15 June, 2009 – Ford has made a smooth-shifting new addition to the Fiesta range, in the form of the new Durashift automatic transmission models.

The autobox is matched to a 1.4-litre, 96bhp Duratec petrol engine. Ford says due to the new Fiesta being around 40kg lighter than the outgoing model, the transmission provides a responsive character.

Equipped with the auto shifter, the new Fiesta automatic achieves 62mph in 13.9sec, while returning 43.4mpg and emitting 154g/km on the combined cycle.

Ford says accelerator pedal response has been improved, with a sportier character the result. The car’s electronic throttle is tuned to respond differently, depending on how sharply it is applied. More aggressive throttle inputs generate a sharper, sportier response, while gentle throttle inputs deliver a more progressive response.

The 1.4-litre automatic is offered with Style+, Zetec and Titanium trim.

Ford Fiesta product manager, Chris Muers, commented: “Typcially, around 10 per cent of small car buyers specify an auto option, so convenience technology is an important addition to a range that now offers an option for every taste and need.”

fordfiestaautomatic2328.jpg

http://motortorque.askaprice.com/news/auto...ford-fiesta.asp

Sorry I refered to POWERSHIFT! Now I am really confused and don't know if there will be the conventional box with hydrauldic torque converter and 4 gears (as I read some time ago), OR the Durashift with a regular clutch and gear box box driven and controled by a computer (harsh and unconvenient in many ways) but more efficient and cheap. If it is the last one... I won't buy the new Fiesta.

I edit... or may be there will co-exist both automatics as now happens with the Opel Corsa.

what's new about it? the auto 1.4 has been available since at least nov last year, I've had mine since March. It has clutchless sequential manual mode, whereby you slide it over for manual, then pull toward you to upshifft, or push toward the dash downshift.

Amy you can leave it in auto mode if you want.

what's new about it? the auto 1.4 has been available since at least nov last year, I've had mine since March. It has clutchless sequential manual mode, whereby you slide it over for manual, then pull toward you to upshifft, or push toward the dash downshift.

And how do you find it RIIIDAA? I too only have an automatic licence (due to a disability) so I was wondering

how it was; sluggish or perky - quick response or slow - smooth or harsh, etc.

Yes, the AUTO has been available some time ago, so what's the reason for the article about the "New Durashift automatic transmission" ? Is it a new automatic different from the previous one? And by the way, how is your transmission?

I don't understand what torque durashift blah blah means!

I have the automatic Fifi and she drives smooth as anything. I don't find it sluggish. It just knows when to change gear and does it. I've not tried the "manual" part yet.

I don't understand what torque durashift blah blah means!

I have the automatic Fifi and she drives smooth as anything. I don't find it sluggish. It just knows when to change gear and does it. I've not tried the "manual" part yet.

Your testimony is very interesting. After a long search it is the first time that I find actual owners of automatic Fiestas that tell their experiences with this transmission.

The smoothness you find in your car is typical of the good old hydrauldic torque converter, while most owners of manual automated boxes (Durashift automatic), normally say that their gear changes are abrupt and slow.

Your testimony is very interesting. After a long search it is the first time that I find actual owners of automatic Fiestas that tell their experiences with this transmission.

The smoothness you find in your car is typical of the good old hydrauldic torque converter, while most owners of manual automated boxes (Durashift automatic), normally say that their gear changes are abrupt and slow.

My Mum had an 1100 Fiesta automatic and that was really nippy. I drove it quite a lot while she had it and I didn't find it sluggish or unresponsive--quite the contrary really considering its size and age--it was an "E" reg.

If the new ones are as good as that--well need I say any more......... ;)

I have been doing some research about the Durashift autoboxes used along the time in different Fiesta models.

Durashift CVT: Continiously Variable Transmission by means of belts and pulleys.

Durashift EST: A manual box with electric motors that take care of the clutch and gear changes controled by a computer.

Durashift Automatic: The classical auto box with hydrauldic torque converter.

It seems that the new Fiesta uses the Durashift Automatic, which in my opinion is good news as it is much more convenient, specially in city driving.

the mk6 auto was known to have probs (my mate can vouch), the mk7 has a different design, according to my dealer (Dagenham motors)

The gear changes are not sluggish imo, the fact it's a 1.4 makes a difference if like me you were used to 1.6 and 2.0 cars, now all the motability cars i've driven since 1998 were CVT Auto of one description or another. The only thing that makes my mk7 feel sluggish is if you're too gentle on the pedal from stationary. (As described in the waffle above)

I can only drive normal automatic cars!

Amy, can you tell me what kind of adaptation do you require to drive your car?

I had polio and have to drive with my left "good" leg , I mean less bad than the other, and my arm's strenght is reduced.

Even so, I manage perfectly to drive my 218 hp BMW. This car has very sensitive brakes that require little effort in the pedal and what BMW call "Active Steering" that turns the wheels with little steering wheel movement.

Amy, can you tell me what kind of adaptation do you require to drive your car?

I had polio and have to drive with my left "good" leg , I mean less bad than the other, and my arm's strenght is reduced.

Even so, I manage perfectly to drive my 218 hp BMW. This car has very sensitive brakes that require little effort in the pedal and what BMW call "Active Steering" that turns the wheels with little steering wheel movement.

I have to have a steering ball with a remote control to work things like the indicators, light, wipers etc.

http://www.lodgesons.co.uk/products/OVERVIEW.aspx

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club