• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PhilW

PhilW

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus
Posted 17 June 2009 - 08:15 AM

Got a strange one with my X Reg focus that is doing my head in. At times when driving the car shudders, looses power and then cuts out and will not start. After it has cooled down a bit, it starts first time, goes for a few miles and then starts all over again, shudder, power loss, stop. Temp gauge reads normal so its not overheating. Took me 8 hours to coax it back from the New Forset 2 weeks ago. Has anybody got any ideas what the problem is and how I can repair it.

Phil.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Braders

Braders

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus ST170
Posted 18 June 2009 - 03:35 AM

Got a strange one with my X Reg focus that is doing my head in. At times when driving the car shudders, looses power and then cuts out and will not start. After it has cooled down a bit, it starts first time, goes for a few miles and then starts all over again, shudder, power loss, stop. Temp gauge reads normal so its not overheating. Took me 8 hours to coax it back from the New Forset 2 weeks ago. Has anybody got any ideas what the problem is and how I can repair it.

Phil.

When the car starts shuddering, does the odometer show gapped lines for example: ----- across the screen?

i say this because a friend of mine had this on her focus with the symptoms u describe?

#3 alz

alz

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Name: Alan
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus LX 1.8 TDCI
  • Year: 2005

Posted 26 June 2009 - 08:48 AM

if you have a friend with the same type of focus, ask them to let you do a test, using a part off there car, the part is the electronic accelerator pedal, it is easy to take out, and put back, this test should confirm if this is the part that you need, try and do the test first as the new part will cost about 80 to 90, good luck with the test, this worked on my sons focus.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users