Share Your Car Experience
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

PhilW

Focus keeps breaking down

3 posts in this topic

Got a strange one with my X Reg focus that is doing my head in. At times when driving the car shudders, looses power and then cuts out and will not start. After it has cooled down a bit, it starts first time, goes for a few miles and then starts all over again, shudder, power loss, stop. Temp gauge reads normal so its not overheating. Took me 8 hours to coax it back from the New Forset 2 weeks ago. Has anybody got any ideas what the problem is and how I can repair it.

Phil.

Got a strange one with my X Reg focus that is doing my head in. At times when driving the car shudders, looses power and then cuts out and will not start. After it has cooled down a bit, it starts first time, goes for a few miles and then starts all over again, shudder, power loss, stop. Temp gauge reads normal so its not overheating. Took me 8 hours to coax it back from the New Forset 2 weeks ago. Has anybody got any ideas what the problem is and how I can repair it.

Phil.

When the car starts shuddering, does the odometer show gapped lines for example: ----- across the screen?

i say this because a friend of mine had this on her focus with the symptoms u describe?

if you have a friend with the same type of focus, ask them to let you do a test, using a part off there car, the part is the electronic accelerator pedal, it is easy to take out, and put back, this test should confirm if this is the part that you need, try and do the test first as the new part will cost about £80 to £90, good luck with the test, this worked on my sons focus.