Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's Your Pc Spec

jimbro

Just curious as there seems to be a lot of gamers so I'd expect the specs to be high. I don't game but use it for photography(Photoshop) so here's mine. Asus fx990 mobo, AMD fx8350 8 core black edition cpu, 32gb Kingston Hyperx, 6850hd gpu, 128gb SSD as boot drive/most used apps, 2tb sata3 hdd for files and apps, 1.5tb hdd for backup, 27" Philips hd picture calibrated monitor. A few other minor components and a 3tb cloud drive for secondary backup and image store. My stepson wants it for gaming but he's got no chance ;-)

Sent from my HTC One using Ford OC mobile app

Intel Core i7-4770K

ASUS Maximus VI Hero

16GB 1866 MHz Corsair DDR3

2x EVGA GTX 680 SC+ in SLI

Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD + WD 2TB Black

BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 10 850W PSU

Silverstone Fortress 4 Black (FT04B-W)

My PC monitor is a 24" Dell Ultrsharp, but I do most of my gaming via my Sony 47" TV :D

• Like 1

Wow, quite a spec

Thanks, it does what I need it to, I tend to aim for top of the mainstream products.

Above that it becomes a real money pit, quite looking forward to the new Maxwell products, hoping to replace my SLI cards with a GTX 880 assuming it is powerful enough.

I tried 2 x 6850s in xfire but, for what I use it for, wasn't really any benefit. Built it around Photoshop use and it can batch process multiple files easily.

Ooooohhhhh a black one......!

As long as it does what you want from it, you don't really need to know what is going on, on the inside anyway, lol.

Bug spec. I putting a corsair hydro w/c system in mine after my aircooler failed. Pretty impressed with it so far

I build and fix my own so I have quite a few around but my main one for gaming is an i5 4670K with 8GB of RAM and Nvidia 760 with 4 x SSD operating Windows 7 64bit on a 32" screen at 1080P.

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.2GHz
CoolIT Vantage liquid cooler (push/pull fans),
Asus Sabertooth Z77 motherboard,
8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance memory,
SLi Asus GTX 560Ti CUII graphics cards,
120GB Corsair Force GS SSD (SATA3)
1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (SATA3)
Corsair TX 850w PSU,
all wrapped up in a Cooler Master CM690 Nvidia Edition
Plus 5 more red LED fans.
With two Samsung T220 22" monitors.

It's my other pride and joy! ;)

IMG_5529.jpg

PCBuild44SLi2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Intel i5 760 2.8GHz

Asus P7P55D iP55 Motherboard

12GB DDR3 Corsair XMS3 Memory

Corsair 650W TX Series PSU

64GB Kingston SSD + 1TB Western Digital HDD

Sapphire R9 270X VAPOR-X OC 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Card

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64)

All of the above contained in a Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced Case

Also have two 24" Benq GL2450HM Monitors

Here goes -

I have a recently bought (had a ps2 years ago but gave it away as it was becoming addictive and i was wasting too much time on it instead of doing useful stuff) ps3 12gig with an added caddy and fitted with a fast, silent, expensive Samsung SSD this is what i use for games, i was thinking about getting a ps4 but never botherd as the ps3 does 80% of what the ps4 does at 30% 0f the price - i use this for games and do not run games on any PCs/ other device

desktop #1 i have an ancient athlon pc i built years ago as an audio pc, it has 1 silent fan and is wisper quiet, it has a 19" pro xternal soundcard and runs Xp, its services etc have been trimmed down it does not go online (setup for pro-audio only)

desktop #2 - I built another pc to replace this, (a couple of years a ago) a lot of my programs are old, only run on xp and it would cost £££££££s to replace tem with the modern equivelants, (if i could get them at all) it has a raptor 10,000rpm drive, and a large capacity drive, it is dual-boot and has XP pro 32bit and xp pro 64 bit, im still using the even older one, its never been used (only been booted up a few times) and is already obsolete (its got an intel chip, can't remember which one or how much ram)

desktop #3 - I have a 3rd desktop pc, recently bought out of a secondhand shop, to do video editing as i did not feel the others were up to it - it has an i5 twin core (but with hyperthreading so 4 virtual cores) it runs windows 7 64bit, it has 12gig of expensive gamer ram, a 500gig hd and a decent video card it came with a 24" hd monitor, the whole pc/ monitor etc cost less than one component of some pcs described on here and less than it would cost me to build it myself (its a custom build- not by me- im getting lazy)

pc#4 / laptop #1 i have a twin -core i3 laptop with a500gig hd that i use for music/ video, it only has 4gig of ram but is running windows 7 32bit, it was recently bought in a secondhand shop and was very cheap for the spec i might upgrade the ram and install win 7 64 at some point

pc#5 / laptop #2 I have a single core laptop with 320gig hd and 4gig of ram that i go online with (im on it now) its a bit slow but ive configured it to run faster (stripped down the junk/overheads services etc) i had just bought the laptop above and saw this one for £120, (in another secondhand shop) it looked quite nice so i bought it - it replaced an ancient xp laptop with 1gig of ram that was falling apart

i had a panasonic toughbook (quite an old one) and would really like to get a modern one but they are expensive, i have a few other pcs/ bits and pieces that im getting rid of

desktop #1 has a silent matrox card, twin 19" monitors and a 3rd monitor for tools/ the sound card graphic, i have another 20" monitor (+ a couple more) and the 24 that came with desktop 3, i plan to use a 40" sony HD tv as well, it already looks like NEOs room (matrix) - there is a lot of other hardware/ equipment i can barely move (its all in one room) and i need to cut it down / rationalize it, if any one sees it,(lit up, with the gui across 3 screens+ ) if its a woman, they will probably say "what a mess", if its a man "wow" - or words to that effect (unprintable here) :lol:

i dont spend £££££££££s on the latest, high-end esoteric stuff because often it has 10% more power for 400% more cost, and in 6 months time its obsolete/ "run-of-the-mill"