Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Led Display In Rear Window

Son of Nod

How legal is this? As I want a display warning the drivers behind us that there children in the back of the car. I have found those namby pamby stick on things don't work.

So something eye level would work.

Aren't the namby pamby stick on things to inform the emergency services that there was a child or baby in the car in the event of an accident.

If you put an led version in, it is likely to switch off in an accident so the emergency services won't know if there is anyone else to look for in a smashed vehicle.

• Like 1

To be honest I haven't a clue. Nobody seems to care if you have children in the rear. So, I was thinking of something clearer.

To be honest, if nobody seems to care about you having a child in the back it won't make any difference what you do, they still won't care.

• Like 2

Might be a bit controversial here but what is the point really? If I'm behind you I will take just as much care not to crash into you even if you don't have the sticker.

Or is it a way of saying look at what I've done lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 4

Might be a bit controversial here but what is the point really? If I'm behind you I will take just as much care not to crash into you even if you don't have the sticker.

Or is it a way of saying look at what I've done lol.

Just wish other drivers had that mentality, and not being up our !Removed!. And yes, you could say that :)

It depends on what you mean by the LED version. If its a stick in the window, it doesnt differ to the stick up sign.

as for cars up your backside, I find no sticker works. the only thing that works is getting out of their way and letting them speed off.

Or a quick dab of the middle pedal that usually makes them think

• Like 1

that much is true!

Or maybe the "You are being filmed sticker" will work better :whistling:

can_you_see_my_rear_view_cameras_smile_y

• Like 3

Tis an idea lol sadly the display of anything that simulates lights is an offence as far as I know

Tis an idea lol sadly the display of anything that simulates lights is an offence as far as I know

I'll reword it :P

get a couple of fake aerials on the roof, some plastic light surrounds in the rear window that look as if lights would be fitted in them (or those emergency amber strobe lights you can get on eBay, but obviously don't use them on the road) and wear a hi vis vest and people might think your an unmarked police car.

Plus from reading that link, it suggests that unmarked cars have two people in most of the time. In that case if you are on your own, get a blow up doll with a hi vis vest in the passenger seat :lol:

James, I am aware that blue and red flashing lights are illegal for none emergency services to use, but I didn't want to write too much and lose the plot :P

Saying that, are they allowed to be fitted providing they are only switched on on private land or shows, in the same way things like blue neons, and red lights showing at the front of the car are only allowed to be used in the same way. Or is it illegal full stop to have them, for example when emergency service cars are sold on and their lights have to be removed or painted over.

• Like 1

Looking like a sign is being made warning of 'those' tailgaters that they are being fillumed.

• Like 1

I'll reword it :P

get a couple of fake aerials on the roof, some plastic light surrounds in the rear window that look as if lights would be fitted in them (or those emergency amber strobe lights you can get on ebay, but obviously don't use them on the road) and wear a hi vis vest and people might think your an unmarked police car.

Plus from reading that link, it suggests that unmarked cars have two people in most of the time. In that case if you are on your own, get a blow up doll with a hi vis vest in the passenger seat :lol:

James, I am aware that blue and red flashing lights are illegal for none emergency services to use, but I didn't want to write too much and lose the plot :P

Saying that, are they allowed to be fitted providing they are only switched on on private land or shows, in the same way things like blue neons, and red lights showing at the front of the car are only allowed to be used in the same way. Or is it illegal full stop to have them, for example when emergency service cars are sold on and their lights have to be removed or painted over.

I'm not 100% but I believe the police will not bother you (or it's not illegal) if you have blue or red lights if you can only activate them from an 'inaccessible' place... Say the switch is in the engine bay or something like that. If you have the switch next to the indicator stalk or something like that (so in theory it can be used whilst driving) that can get you in deep poo-poo...

Once I had a high vis vest hanging on the back of my seat as I was driving (my estate), it was amazing how no one overtook me down the motorway for miles and miles :lol:

A Police vehicle will have it's lights covered and all Police badges crossed out with tape when being driven by non-Police (mechanics etc).

Any lights fitted to the car whether in use or not must not be deemed likely to mislead other drivers.

What if you had amber lights hidden. no officer look these are amber for erm work?

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Ford OC mobile app

What if you had amber lights hidden. no officer look these are amber for erm work?

or tell them "My car brakes down so many times I thought I might as well fit warning beacons in permanently" :whistling:

• Like 2

Just wish other drivers had that mentality, and not being up our !Removed!. And yes, you could say that :)

What you want is a "Son Of Nod" on board sticker,or even a "Get Back You Tailgating Twit" sticker :ph34r:
  • Like 1

What you want is a "Son Of Nod" on board sticker,or even a "Get Back You Tailgating Twit" sticker :ph34r:

Son of nod??? :blink:

Son of nod??? :blink:

Come Ian work it out, I'll give you a clue, start at the beginning of the thread......................when it clicks you will hang your head in shame .......oh yes you will :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club