Serial Poster

• FOC Supporters
  • 483 posts
  • Name: Ian
  • Ford Model: Focus Estate 1.6 TDCI Style
  • Year: 2007

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:44 AM

I'll reword it :P

get a couple of fake aerials on the roof, some plastic light surrounds in the rear window that look as if lights would be fitted in them (or those emergency amber strobe lights you can get on ebay, but obviously don't use them on the road) and wear a hi vis vest and people might think your an unmarked police car.

Plus from reading that link, it suggests that unmarked cars have two people in most of the time. In that case if you are on your own, get a blow up doll with a hi vis vest in the passenger seat :lol:

James, I am aware that blue and red flashing lights are illegal for none emergency services to use, but I didn't want to write too much and lose the plot :P

Saying that, are they allowed to be fitted providing they are only switched on on private land or shows, in the same way things like blue neons, and red lights showing at the front of the car are only allowed to be used in the same way. Or is it illegal full stop to have them, for example when emergency service cars are sold on and their lights have to be removed or painted over.

I'm not 100% but I believe the police will not bother you (or it's not illegal) if you have blue or red lights if you can only activate them from an 'inaccessible' place... Say the switch is in the engine bay or something like that. If you have the switch next to the indicator stalk or something like that (so in theory it can be used whilst driving) that can get you in deep poo-poo...

Once I had a high vis vest hanging on the back of my seat as I was driving (my estate), it was amazing how no one overtook me down the motorway for miles and miles :lol:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,994 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
Contributor

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:50 PM

A Police vehicle will have it's lights covered and all Police badges crossed out with tape when being driven by non-Police (mechanics etc).

Any lights fitted to the car whether in use or not must not be deemed likely to mislead other drivers.

#18 theduke

theduke

Hairy Member

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Focus Mk 2.5 Zetec
  • Year: 2009

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:25 PM

What if you had amber lights hidden. no officer look these are amber for erm work?

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Ford OC mobile app

#19 stevegtuk

stevegtuk

Stevegtuk

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • Name: Steve
  • Ford Model: MONDEO
  • Year: 2006

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:05 AM

What if you had amber lights hidden. no officer look these are amber for erm work?

or tell them "My car brakes down so many times I thought I might as well fit warning beacons in permanently" :whistling:

#20 catch

catch

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts
  • Ford Model: MK2.5 Focus 1.6 Titanium Petrol
  • Year: 2011
Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:42 AM

Just wish other drivers had that mentality, and not being up our !Removed!. And yes, you could say that  :)

What you want is a "Son Of Nod" on board sticker,or even a "Get Back You Tailgating Twit" sticker :ph34r:

#21 Ianb

Ianb

Serial Poster

• FOC Supporters
  • 483 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:49 AM

What you want is a "Son Of Nod" on board sticker,or even a "Get Back You Tailgating Twit" sticker :ph34r:

Son of nod???  :blink:

#22 catch

catch

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts
  • Ford Model: MK2.5 Focus 1.6 Titanium Petrol
  • Year: 2011
Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:43 PM

Son of nod???  :blink:

Come Ian work it out, I'll give you a clue, start at the beginning of the thread......................when it clicks you will hang your head in shame .......oh yes you will :rolleyes:

#23 Ianb

Ianb

Serial Poster

• FOC Supporters
  • 483 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:34 PM

..damn..

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users