Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Probably Crazy But...

ayrshiredude

So I've been reading here about some of you having traded in your Zetec s for the ST and became jelous :P So I phoned my dealer today to ask about the feasbility of doing the same myself. He went away and called me back with the following offer.

So I put £1000 deposit down in March 2013 for a new ZetecS with privacy glass and auto wipers/lights/rear mirror. I am paying £227 p/m on a 2 1/2 year Options plan. My car has just under 8500 miles on the clock and is in great condition.

I was surprised when he told me that I had equity on the car, all be it around £600. He has told me that with Fords £750 depost and a £250 deposit from me I would be looking at around £300 p/m for the ST2 on a 3 year Options plan. Now Obviously I haven't went into great detail yet, and no doubt will hopefully be able to bring that down a but, but I wanted to know what you guys thought. At the moment as well you get the Style pack? free which is grey alloys, painted calipers and illuminated kick plates.

• Like 1

Go for it you will not regret it.

My son has just asked about a ST3 through carwow can get it for £17300 on options will be £207 a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Go for it you won't look back

Thanks guys, Do you think this seems a reasonable deal or can I push for more off it?

• Like 1

So, its £70 a month more, and another year on top. Hmm, I don't know without knowing what they valued your ZS at what you paid for it, what the balance is at the end of the options? It's down to simply answering, "can you afford it" and don't forget the insurance increase too if any.. Maybe consider a different plan to pay all the car off, i.e NOT Options?

I would go onto Car Wow, if i had not been in the position i was in to change mine, i would have gone to car wow, 2 dealers did offer good prices on an ST3, if you're happy with the ST2 spec then you will save a bit more possibly but depends on deals on both at the mo!

Shop around, costs nothing to do that, be ruthless, it still a valid tactic.. Keep us posted! ;)

• Like 1

ST3 is cheaper than the 2 once you add extras to it.

• Like 1

Thanks guys

I'm only getting the paint and the light/wiper/mirror extra pack so not as much as paying for the 3 i don't think.

Arnold clark have valued my ZS at £10600 with £9770 still on my finance. So that, with the £750 Ford deposit and me paying £250, makes a deposit of £1829.99. I'm currently paying £227 p/m and this would take it up to £299.70 p/m

I went to my small local dealer and spoke to him about it to see what he could do. He said that basically the car was being sold at cost price. He said he could do it for the same price though as they can make money by referal for the finance and if they make monthly targets etc. He did offer to give me free Supagard paint protection, which is worth £200 retail, to get the sale.

Any thoughts?

• Like 1

have a go through carwow, my son's just ordered a ST3 for £17300

• Like 1

How does carcow work? I have existing car which I will need to trade in

• Like 1

Check out carwow.co.uk. After registering you specify the car(s) you want quotes on together with any extras. Within a couple of days you will receive competitive prices from a number of dealers in your area together with a carcow number and the name of a specified contact within the dealership. The dealerships do not know about you until you have made contact. You then deal only with them, organise test drive, make changes to your original options, negotiate part exchange etc. All the finance is done direct with the dealership and no money changes hands with carwow.

The process is easy and you avoid the bargaining hassles with worthwhile discounts.

I ordered a Titanium x 1.0 powershift with satnav, tow bar etc etc and was able to compare with an Audi 1 that was also on my wish list. The dealerships offering the discounts were within a 40 mile range of my home and the closest was about 30 miles away.

Hope you find this useful.

• Like 1

So got some quoted back from carwow. Priced the ST3 but even though the best price was under £17000 it still a bit too much I think. So I've tried again with the ST2 and see what prices come back. Does anyone know if the Ford £750 deposit and the free Style pack would still apply and would they still give the decent trade in?

• Like 1

All the usual extras apply you will probably get slightly less trade in so it's a balance you have to strike as which is best for you

• Like 1

The quotes that I got from carwow from the dealers showed figures with and without Ford finance. I had not planned using finance but did so on £4000 in order to secure a Ford deposit contribution of £750. I intend paying this off within 3 months to mitigate any interest charges. I don`t know about free style pack but you could ask carwow about this or the dealer that you are put in touch with.

When you get to the dealer the carwow price is what you'll pay they may knock off the style pack cost but they will be selling at a loss anyway and they claw money back from ford for hitting sales targets

Noticed on closer inspection that they give you a cash price and a finance price. The finance price is basically the cash price minus the £750 ford contribution.

I originally tried for the ST-3 but, even though the cheapest was just under £17000, its a bit too much. So have tried to get a quote for the ST-2 but keep getting new quoted for the ST-3. Not sure why and I have tried again so see what happens. Might need to try it again under a different email address, Certainly getting there and, if I can get a similar discount on the ST-2 as with the ST-3, a decent finance package and trade in, its looking hopeful.