Photo
- - - - -

Heavier Clutch On A Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost 2014?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16 masumba

masumba

masumba

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Name: kevin
  • Ford Model: fiesta 1.0 ecoboost titanium
  • Year: 2014

Posted 06 September 2014 - 02:57 PM

well they greased the mechanism up on the clutch pedal area and its made no difference .they say its comparable to other cars ! they are having a giraffe .anyhow im going back to the dealer who sold me the car on monday and will attempt to swap the car wirth another they have in stock after ive test drove it ! whether they will or not remains to be seen ,but if not thyell have to repair the clutch .sadly i donrt like driving  the car now because of the clutch pedal and for 2 pins id have my old car back i think hopefully they will have found the locking wheel nuts when i arrive there .not getting my hopes up on this either ..

further updates to foollow on what i see is going to be a lot of grief..

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 masumba

masumba

masumba

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:26 PM

well the selling branch have agreed to fit a new clutch if necessary and to fit new locking wheel nuts under warranty ..result .thye did agree the clutch pedal was slightly heavier . mmm

willl update results after next friday

#18 GlynnZS

GlynnZS

Feet Under The Table

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Name: Glynn
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST3

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:57 PM

Ive ended up with two courtesy cars while Ive had mine (minor bodyshop repairs due to other peoples carelessness), a Honda Jazz and a vauxhall corsa.  Both had lighter clutch pedals than my ecoboost, though I dont find mine uncomfortable to use, feels purposeful.  Ive also driven a 99hp ecoboost and it was the same as mine.  If yours feels uncomfortably heavy than i guess it must be faulty...

#19 dmizz93

dmizz93

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST3

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:29 PM

Still likely to be faulty.. You never tend to have luck with garages when go in first time for a warranty repair..

They'll do all they can to fob you off, in this case just greasing everything up and telling you it's sorted - they should get the fact you're not a mug and replace if you go back in and tell them you're not happy!

Fingers crossed they sort it for you soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

#20 masumba

masumba

masumba

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 07:33 PM

thsnks dmizz93 ,well ive had assurances that theyll strip the clutch down and ifi ts the pressure plate whuich they suspect they will replace the whole clutch .i guess this is why its been booked in for 2 days .one things for sure ,i find you have to use the clutch quite often on this car specially in traffic so i cant wait till its as it should be again . going in on 18th .will post outcome of the repair

#21 gillyallan

gillyallan

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Name: allan

Posted 13 September 2014 - 07:47 PM

Ahh glad to read about the gearing on this car. When I got it I tried to drive it as I did my old zafira and it wasn't having it. I mean I felt i could bung that in 5th at 30 mph and practically use 3rd at any low speed.
I just need to get used to not changing up so quick.

#22 masumba

masumba

masumba

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 08:07 PM

coming back to your post gillyallan i had a 1.4 fiesta 2012 plate previously and it was hard to part with it ,cracking little car but this new one is a bit special .with my prev car you had to change up fairly quick so its hard having to realise that most of town driving is in 3rd gear on the new one !

the main benefit is at high speeds .at 70 on my old car it was cracking on 3000 revs on the new one about 2300 ,so thats where you gain .my latest mpg was 42.9 not bad i guess

#23 gillyallan

gillyallan

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Name: allan

Posted 13 September 2014 - 08:11 PM

Yeah and sorry to take away from the main clutch point of this thread.
My zafira sat at 3000 at 60mph. This eco sits 2000. Really fantastic. Ps im avetaging 45.8 just now. This is only my second tank of fuel though and have been on a couple long runs.

#24 masumba

masumba

masumba

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 08:18 PM

pretty good mpg that ,i do a lot of short runs  so i guess thats why mines a bit lower.

have to say on the titanium i do like those puddle lamps on the mirrors !

#25 Watman

Watman

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.0 Titanium Ecoboost 125
  • Year: 2013

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:27 PM

Hi  All,

Just bought Fiesta Titanium 1.0 ecoboost 125, 8000 miles on clock from london Ford dealership 1 private owner from new.Never noticed any issues on test drive ,however on driving car home to Southampton only thing that i could fault the car on was heavy clutch pedal feel.After having driven the car for 400miles now i don't feel there is a clutch mal-function issue only that the pedal is far stiffer than any other car i drive regularily ie Hyundia Santa Fe 2013,Ford Ka 2007and Mazda MX5 2.0 Sport 2007 (Ford Power Unit). With soft soled shoes it can make your clutch foot ache a little,if this is a common problem i wonder how lady drivers are coping with the extra left foot effort required.

I,m looking forward to see the result of our fellow  members clutch inspection on the 18th. 

Please keep us posted !

#26 masumba

masumba

masumba

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:27 PM

hi watman , interesting post above . at the local dealership (same garage group from where i got the car but different branch) one of the mechanics said to me that ford changed the clutch springs this year .everyone at the garage apart from this guy denies this .would be interesting if anyone knows whether this could be the problem .

the branch where i got the car also deny this so someone is telling porkies .

anyway ill knwo the answer to my problem by the weekend and ill post the results on here

#27 Paramanic

Paramanic

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 317 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Titanium
  • Year: 2013

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:29 AM

Mines a usually drive it at
2nd to 20 jump to 4th at 25 up to like 45 where a jump to 5th at 50 a barely use 3rd gear now unless goin from 2nd at 20 to 3rd to get to 30 then 4th gear (up hill a only do this) ;) and it works a got eco advanced driver lol

#28 masumba

masumba

masumba

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:10 PM

wheel nuts done .they say they cant find any fault with the clutch so its unlikely anyhting will be done

will find out for definite later

maybe its a feature of the new engine? my old car was a 1.4 fiesta 2012 and was as light as a feather ,even my hire car if you hold the car on the biting point in say first for a few seconds you can feel the pressure underfoot.and this car is a 2014 1.0 litre ecoboost zetec covering 1400 miles !

someone said at work it could just be that its a new car and the clutch will bed in and become easier in time

anyone got any thoughts on this scenario?

#29 masumba

masumba

masumba

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 09:03 AM

update

well they say 4 technicians studied it and one took it home road tested it and they said it was fine.

i find it heavy personally .i am 61 probably not as strong in the legs as someone younger ,but thats that really ,when i suggested to exchange the car the rep said hed give me a good price for my car....unreal

well thats that then im stuck with it ,guess ill have to trade it in for something else and lose more money or opt for an automatic .

so wish i still had my 2012 fiesta 1.4 and hadnt traded it in for this one

#30 masumba

masumba

masumba

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 09:07 AM

further update

to be fair the dealership staff were pleasant enough and explained the clutch is working fine and ford will not pay them out under warranty if they fitted a new one as its technically not faulty.

i really dont know what to do with this now apart from trade it in .its just one issue that is spoiling it for me .the car as a whole is fine apart from this one issue

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users