Public liability

• FOC Supporters
  • 95 posts
  • Name: Kye
  • Ford Model: Focus Mk 2.5 Titanium
  • Year: 2010

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:29 PM

Hello all.

I know what it is I think. It's a method of improvement put in place by Europe to see the continual improvement of the engines in performance, efficiency and health of the public. Right?

After reading about these future plans to tax/ charge/ squeeze/ diesel drivers more time, it got me wondering. What level of the Euro engine rating are we at now? Level 5? I've been read into these plans to charge driver more for driving into cities. In doing so I have seen Euro 6 engines mentioned as the new standard. Are we at level 6 or is it on the way?

Is there information out there that gives a break down on each rating? How does it break down for the Focus? What age of model, with which capacity engine, has which rating?

For example. The Mark 2. Is it a Euro 3, going to Euro 4 with the Mk2.5? Is that with a 1.6 or a 2.0?

Sorry if this post seems a bit disjointed, but it is a new aspect I am trying to get my head around. Trying to future proof my choice in car while looking ahead to these potential changes, while not loosing out financially.

Or, is it worth buying a diesel at all now?

Cheers

Kye

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 troy45

troy45

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 311 posts
  • Name: Troy
  • Ford Model: Focus ST
  • Year: 2010

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:17 PM

Have a look here, this might help answer your queries

http://www.nextgreen...aremissions.php

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users