terryleopard

So I've decided it's about time to replace my car (currently have a very
tired Alfa 156 that needs a cam belt change and I can't be bothered to throw
good money after bad) and the Focus CC has really caught my eye. I really miss
the fun of roof down driving and I have seen them at what seem like
outrageously cheap prices.

Obviously I've been doing some research on the internet as to why they might

be so cheap and I have come across the infamous leaky roof issue. There seem to
be a ton of people giving the car one star reviews and slating them relentlessly
and another ton of people saying the car is great and they have never had any
problems, so who do I believe?

Can anyone who has owned one give me the low down on what I can really
expect if I buy one? Did the later models fix the leak issue or is it going to
be a problem with whatever year I buy? Or is it just the luck of the draw?

Does the car deserve its bad reputation?

Also if I do go to a dealer to have a look at one is there anything I can do
to find out if their perticular CC is leaky or not?

Any advice would really be appreciated.

I never owned one but a Cousin did.

Leaky roof (as you know) and it wobbled like a rubber bone over every bump.

One good bit is that the front bumper would fit my car nicely ;)

Seriously though, there's very few on the road as they weren't that popular, pity as they do look reasonably nice and the mechanical side would be good.

• Like 3

Tbh, give it a drive.

You may love it.

Just check for service history, rust in the usual places and that the carpets are dry.

Don't believe them if they say 'It's just been valeted' as a reason for wet carpets, if they feel soaked or smell mouldy then walk.

Also make sure you have 2 working keys and that the locks cycle properly.

Check roof for function, door seals, that the engine starts and runs smoothly and the gearbox is slick.

Go over it twice from tip to tip and point out everything you aren't happy with.

You may get a guarantee to sort minor things or money off if they won't.

Get it out on the road and have a proper drive through all gears, don't let them fob you off with a two minute drive around a carpark.

• Like 2

Thanks for the excellent advice :)

I told myself I would never buy another convertible car after I spent two of

the most miserable hours of my life stuck in a gridlocked traffic jam, in a
thunderstorm, driving an MGF with my right leg getting steadily wetter and
wetter as rain dripped through the top of the windows. However I miss the
occasional blast with the roof down and the radio on so much.

It’s mostly the leaking issue that’s worrying me, and not

knowing if it’s just the occasional drip or a full on tsunami.

It has been raining so much here lately that I guess I might
be able to take it for a test in a downpour

• Like 1

If you see any water staining above anything you'd expect from clothing/footwear transfer or what may have got in through an open window or roof not put up fast enough in the rain then be suspicious.

• Like 1

Just bought a 57 CC3, wanted something different and this was going cheap at a dealers. only 51000 on the clock and its a 2.0L TDCI, so far i have had no leaks especially with the heavy downpours we've had, everything works great and she goes like a rocket, i'm really chuffed with her...as others have said take a good look round check everything...and i mean everything works, i took mine on a 5 mile drive before i signed the dotted line, mine is in immaculate condition with half leather interior....

I've never owned a cabriolet, but now i'm glad i purchased, + not many on the road so people turn when you go past...tick it off my bucket list..

Just bought a 57 CC3, wanted something different and this was going cheap at a dealers. only 51000 on the clock and its a 2.0L TDCI, so far i have had no leaks especially with the heavy downpours we've had, everything works great and she goes like a rocket, i'm really chuffed with her...as others have said take a good look round check everything...and i mean everything works, i took mine on a 5 mile drive before i signed the dotted line, mine is in immaculate condition with half leather interior....

I've never owned a cabriolet, but now i'm glad i purchased, + not many on the road so people turn when you go past...tick it off my bucket list..

If you want something VERY different I'll swap my front bumper for yours? :D

• Like 2

Managed to sneak out in my lunch hour today and tried one out for size, an 08 CC3, Loved the interior and I couldnt see any evidence of water anywhere even though it has been outside in the rain.

Didnt have time for a test drive sadly as I had to get back to work.

One thing I did notice is that there seemed to be a bit of a problem with the seals on the back window, looked to me like it was lifting a little in parts.

Thought I would give a little update to my thread.

I went for a little test drive earlier in a 08 cc3. Was really impressed with the level of equipment in it (auto wipers and lights, heated seats etc) and it drove really nicely.

However when I rocked up to the showroom I noticed the price ticket on it was £400 more than it was on the website which I bought up with the dealer and he then said he would give me a "deal" and take the £400 off :rolleyes: .

Also I noticed that it seemed to have a bit of a lumpy idle that I could feel vibrating the steering wheel, I asked the dealer about it and he claimed it was because there wasn't much petrol in it :unsure:

Then I asked to see under the boot carpet and there was a lot of stale smelling water on the boot floor which he claimed was because it had just been valeted :angry:

I've definitely set my mind on buying one now as it was a lovely car to drive but maybe not that one.

• Like 1

Sounds like the leak monster got to that one.

The lumpy idle was most likely a duff coilpack, easy to replace.

There will be better ones out there :)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club