Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2.5 Projector Lights

skyshaddow

Hi guys i am looking for a set of projector lights for my focus 2.5 to use with halogen bulbs (recommendations accepted lol) i have found these on eBay would they be suitable or do i have to go down the whole xenon route? Its a titanium i have with a 10pin headlight connector with wires missing in puns 9 and 10. Any help would be appreciated.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=221484793772&alt=web

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

I'd have to say those look like Xenon lamps to me?

If so I'm wondering how they'd look on my ST instead of the ones I've got with black vinyl brows to tone the silver down....

The listing doesn't actually say anything about the type of lighting. It is indeed a projector type lens but bulb fitment is unknown there can't tell if it's for halogen or xenon.

There is alot more to retrofitting xenon than just having 10 pins.

Troy xenon uses projector type lens only but halogen can also use it

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Ford OC mobile app

The listing doesn't actually say anything about the type of lighting. It is indeed a projector type lens but bulb fitment is unknown there can't tell if it's for halogen or xenon.

There is alot more to retrofitting xenon than just having 10 pins.

Troy xenon uses projector type lens only but halogen can also use it

Recall my Puma had projector lights and had a bike with them too, though couldn't say they were ever an improvement on std halogen lamps.

Not noticed before if the Focus has a spec of headlamps with projector lamps, I was always under the impression that you either had the standard halogens or Xenons?

AFS (adaptive front light system) headlamps on the focus are halogen only. These also use the 10 pin connector.

AFS lamps look identical to to xenons

• Like 1

Hi all thanks for the advice i have actually bit the bullet and purchased a set of the below instead with built in DRLs got the chrome ones though and some osram nightbreaker plus bulbs to go with them. Your thoughts? http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=400746996481&alt=web

Does anyone know if you need washer jet's etc. for the AFS lights? Might be an alternative the the HID's

No washers needed but you'll need the steering angle sensor for it to work and also the HID control module also know as the AFS module. This will require a new dashboard loom so far no car has the dash loom for this module that I know of on this forum

Hi all thanks for the advice i have actually bit the bullet and purchased a set of the below instead with built in DRLs got the chrome ones though and some osram nightbreaker plus bulbs to go with them. Your thoughts? http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=400746996481&alt=web

Looks good bro hopefully they perform as good as they look

No washers needed but you'll need the steering angle sensor for it to work and also the HID control module also know as the AFS module. This will require a new dashboard loom so far no car has the dash loom for this module that I know of on this forum

Great info, thanks :)

Don't fancy changing the dash loom <_<

Yeah its a big job, atm some of us are doing xenon retrofit, it's costly and time consuming

Hey all lights came yesterday and got them fitted. Damn its good to see further than 2 feet infront. My last headlamps made the road look like the rings from captain scarlett lol. I will upload pics soon.

Hey all lights came yesterday and got them fitted. Damn its good to see further than 2 feet infront. My last headlamps made the road look like the rings from captain scarlett lol. I will upload pics soon.

Great :) did you wire in the steering angle sensor as mentioned above or do the light you bought not need it?

Looking forward to seeing the pics.

No i didnt go for AFS too much hassle trying to find modules and new looms for it. Just went with projectors with built in DRLs.

They look good. Do the DRLs illuminate with the ignition or do you need the side lights on. Do they dim with the headlights? Cheers.

• Like 1

The drl on this unit should replace the side lights

I was just looking in to these as well! I do like the look of them but it isn't clear how the DRLs work. It suggests they turn on with side lights, is that to say they wont dim at all? and more importantly, they are not ignition on?

if its not It should be fairly easy to wire up the ignition on side of it but that effectively means we'd disable the front side lights so they wont dim when side/main lights are selected without some sort of control box.

any chance of a wiring diagram from the back og those units? Tbh, if I was forking out +200 on these I'd have kinda hoped it would have taken this in to account rather then me having to try re wire them so hopefully you have some good news!

The drl on these units replaces the side light function. I am looking into try and wire them into an always on solution but i dont mind using them as is for now. I will try and trace the wiring to give a diagram.

• Like 1

the drl running off ignition on would be simple if we disconnect the side light live wire, we could then use one of Lennys auto dimmers to dim them from side light on, or forget the dimming an leave them on so long as its legal, issue is I really don't fancy hacking wires from that plug an running extra cables in to the headlamp might allow water ingress. How you find the projectors?

Difference between AFS/HID/halogen opticals are part number, ie 8m51-13d154-CD (or DE) end are for HID, @ retro fitting post more info about how to make those like factory install

See the back of that lamp, was it a single connector as in the stock lamps, or was the wiring external to each bulb? Does it have a level motor?

The lights do have a levelling motor in them some manual adjustment was needed though. Wiring is external to a single socket which hooks up to the existing stock lamp connector i am going to change the bulbs in them this afternoon so will take pics then

Cheers mate, if its external wires we can cut in to them rather then the main harness for ignition on dlrs

What's your thoughts on these lamps?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-MK2-2008-2011-Black-DRL-Devil-Eye-R8-Head-Lights-Lamps-Pair-/291212545875?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AFord%7CModel%3AFocus&hash=item43cd9ecf53

Hi guys here is some pics. Not had a chance to put the nightbreaker bulbs in been a bit hectic this weekend. There are 2 spade connections hadnt had a chance to find out what they do yet and dong fancy blowing anything up lol.

• Like 1