4 replies to this topic

#1 Braders

Braders

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus ST170
Posted 18 June 2009 - 04:00 AM

my engine management light came on and i planned on taking it too ford gates too find out what the problem was...anyway, i was cleaning my car yesterday and i was about too do a long overdue clean of the engine bay when i noticed that while the engine was on there was a weird noise like air leaking out of something, anyway, i looked closer and found out what it was, it was a small pipe at the back of the engine bay with a crack in it which was leaking air, i havent a clue what it is or what it does but if it was something too do with the air getting into the engine im sure there would of been a noticeable power decrease which there isnt :S

well i obviously didnt want too leave it like it so i covered the crack with insulation tape until i take it too ford. when i got back into the car and started the engine the engine management light went off so that was obviously the problem.

basically i need too know what that pipe is and how much this is going too set me back :(

i have included pics!
(the red bit of tape is where the hole is lol)

any help with this would be much appreciated!!

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC01655.JPG
  • DSC01656f.jpg

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 w2575

w2575

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2
Posted 18 June 2009 - 05:33 AM

Crank case breather i think......... wont be much to fix ! Black tape it and it should be fine !

#3 dezwez

dezwez

Dezwez

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,325 posts
  • Name: Derek
  • Ford Model: ford focus 1.8 zetec mk 2.5
  • Year: 2008

Posted 18 June 2009 - 09:55 PM

cheep to buy new pipe then you can get rid of the tape.
show pictures to ford then they will no the part ;)

#4 drewtiss

drewtiss

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus
Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:58 AM

my engine management light came on and i planned on taking it too ford gates too find out what the problem was...anyway, i was cleaning my car yesterday and i was about too do a long overdue clean of the engine bay when i noticed that while the engine was on there was a weird noise like air leaking out of something, anyway, i looked closer and found out what it was, it was a small pipe at the back of the engine bay with a crack in it which was leaking air, i havent a clue what it is or what it does but if it was something too do with the air getting into the engine im sure there would of been a noticeable power decrease which there isnt :S

well i obviously didnt want too leave it like it so i covered the crack with insulation tape until i take it too ford. when i got back into the car and started the engine the engine management light went off so that was obviously the problem.

basically i need too know what that pipe is and how much this is going too set me back :(

i have included pics!
(the red bit of tape is where the hole is lol)

any help with this would be much appreciated!!

Hi there man. What's up? Did you use a black tape on that thing? Or did you buy a new pipe instead? How much for the pipe?

#5 Braders

Braders

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus ST170
Posted 11 August 2009 - 01:56 PM

Hi there man. What's up? Did you use a black tape on that thing? Or did you buy a new pipe instead? How much for the pipe?

i have covered it up with black tape but i havent taken it too ford yet, been low on money recently lol, but the pipe wasnt the cause of the engine management light too come on, its a faulty lambda sensor, will be getting a new one within the next few weeks then get that pipe replaced also :D

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users