Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Egr Blanking On Euro 4

Nate6874

That's a good price. Roughly what mileage does this start to happen

Hi Jim

Mine has just gone at 148k. although the DMF has been rattling since I bought the car in January. New starter motor in march confirmed the DMF was playing up.

£875 for clutch, dmf, bearing etc including a service and good clean out of pipework ready for the EGR blank to be fitted. Need to protect what's left!

I can see from an earlier post that you are a bit miffed with the car Nathen.

All I can say is stick with it, they really are decent cars. There wouldn't be that many of them out on the road if they were rubbish mate.

Jimbro, she's at 177k I thought the knocking and rattling was the bottom pulley, it was only when that was replaced and MOT advisory was worn clutch that I reached into my pockets.... Again!

Wow. Mines only got 66k on it so a wee while to go :-)

Got her back today, idles like new. Such a relief to sit in the seat without feeling a chops wobbling! Egr blank tomorrow, green cotton filter next month. Onward for a clean breathing machine !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Sorry, I know what I read, but is this right? EML light on is NOT an MOT failure?

I want to blank my egr on a Focus euro 4 tdci... from the reading on previous pages mondeo and foci euro 4's are not the same, so perhaps a euro 4 focus might not get the EML light?

Sorry, I know what I read, but is this right? EML light on is NOT an MOT failure?

I want to blank my egr on a Focus euro 4 tdci... from the reading on previous pages mondeo and foci euro 4's are not the same, so perhaps a euro 4 focus might not get the EML light?

The Focus 1.6 TDCI Euro4 can have a solid EGR blanking plate fitted without the EML coming on - many forum members have now fitted one, Lenny has produced a guide -

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/42915-guide-fitting-egr-blanking-plate-16tdci-engine/

• Like 1

OOooo, he has his pictures back up. Muchas Gracias mi amigo!

Yes it is right for the time being. It is not an MOT failure, mine and several other owners who have had the EML light on have passed with no problems.

Some get an advisory just to let the owner know the tester is aware of it, others don't.

Quick update guys, fitted the blank 200 miles ago and I have noticed an improvement. The response is better between 30 and 50 with no smoke. Although there is still a little bit of smoke on start up. Not sure if that will clear but need to give it time. Eml came on after 60 miles which I knew about but not bothered by

on the front of the EML and EGR blank, I believe Stef123 did this very mod. His EML came on and he ignored it, in the end I believe his car just said "hes not listening, so stop telling him" and the EML went off :p so there is hope for everyone :)

• Like 1

on the front of the EML and EGR blank, I believe Stef123 did this very mod. His EML came on and he ignored it, in the end I believe his car just said "hes not listening, so stop telling him" and the EML went off :P so there is hope for everyone :)

From what I have read, its only one or two cars that have had the EML go off if ignored.

In my case I have left if for 6 months and it still never went out. I am up to 4 months this time and its still on :lol:

I've got the a

S/s blanking plate and I've ordered an obd2 reader/reset tool so I'm prepared( when I get time to do the egr)

I was surprised how quick it took to fit the plate. I was thinking an hour but 5 mins later it was on. Well worth it tho, smoke free is a good thing!

Haven't noticed much smoke from mine but I see it as still worth doing. Might get a chance after work one night this week if it's only a 5 min job

Quick update guys, fitted the blank 200 miles ago and I have noticed an improvement. The response is better between 30 and 50 with no smoke. Although there is still a little bit of smoke on start up. Not sure if that will clear but need to give it time. Eml came on after 60 miles which I knew about but not bothered by

It should improve the response/ reduce lag in every gear at part-throttle at certain revs/ load - in some gears it will be more noticable than others depending on driving style etc

A solid EGR blanking plate can only "fix" the EGR, (or the additional smoke the EGR causes) not other things like leaking injectors(or the smoke these other things cause) etc - fitting a new air filter and cleaning out the inlet manifold can help reduce smoke by increasing the air flow into the engine (or stopping the air flow being reduced, to be more correct)

The new air filter was to let the engine breathe more efficiently. Not that fussed about performance if I'm completely honest. I'm a tight wad and like my respectable mpg figures and want that to improve. Completely understand that the smoke can be caused by other factors. One step at a time :)

Jim, if you've got he same plate I had ( open slot fixing) the easiest thing I found was not to take the bolts right out. it can be slid straight into position and the bolts nipped back up again, job done

Hi guys

Just fitted a blanking plate with hole to my 2 litre tdci 08 plate and the response on throttle in low gears is easy to see more power and the mpg over a 25 mile run has gone from 47 mpg to 54 mpg. All for £3 and 5 min job

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Normally I would say Don't bother with an egr plate with a hole, keep an eye on it as you might see it cokes up within 4 months

Ok cheers was thinking about that

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

yeah, normally your best bet is to blank the whole thing. it offers the best, but on a 2.0 or above, it can throw the EML up, so you have a compromise.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club