Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fog Lights To Drl

mrgrumpy88

Hi not got car manual for car but got a haynes manual. Looking at that it seems that the front and rear fogs work of fuse f116 which is a 20a. Have noticed that fuse f110 10a controls daytime runnig lights, lighting control switch. F135 20a daytime running lights. These both might not have fuse in but not sure. Looking at engine bay boxes there are plenty of fuses that could be ignition ones. Not sure which one would be best to piggy back. Looking at f21 20a auxiliary heater.

Decided not to use the fogs as drl. Decided to get these instead, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2pcs-Car-12V-9-LED-Round-White-Light-Daytime-Running-Light-DRL-Driving-Lamps-UK-/191187761986?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c83adbb42. Putting them in the place where the fogs should be. Dont think think there should be any problems as there will be no front fog light switch and will go of when side lights come on.

You'll be fine with those.

It's only when fog lights get altered that We get twitchy ;)

Yeah changed mind after doing more research on it. The ones im getting should fit fog light grill nicely.

Yeah changed mind after doing more research on it. The ones im getting should fit fog light grill nicely.

yes DRL's are suppose to be circa 10% of the output of fogs. Plod would indeed pull you for running what are basicly fogs as DRL's imaterial of the fact you were running them on a DRL auto relay set up. Besides you dont want to be pulling 120watt on lamps you use all day long.

I converted my fogs to DRL's back in March, using 2 x H11 Cree 7 watt bulbs, paid £13 for them and £13 for the DRL relay and attached wireing harness and mini piggy back fuse [3amp] tTapped into one of the fuses in the engine compartment fuse box, off top of my head not sure which one but I could check it if you want. Only problem I had was the offside DRL harness was a tad short in length, but easily sorted.

Really like the idea your easily see using the fogs as DRL's [ I just disconnected the fogs wireing cables and taped them up behind the bumper] Only ever had to use the fogs for about three hours in total over 5 years of driving in my last Mk2 Focus, seemed a waste of good lamp units if you ask me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there bit of an update I have now fitted these http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/261480761633?nav=SEARCH into where the fog lights would go. They are a perfect fit fir the opening of the fog light grill. Needed a bracket to fix it to. Will be wiring them up Saturday. Will post pics when finished. They look great.