Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Mk6 1.2

Doma-Luxy

Hi,

Could anyone give some advice how to get the best out of the 1.2 engine. I know, a lot of people says buy a new car blabla but this is to start with :)

Any advices?

P.S. any tip is very useful!

Honestly, change gear at higher RPMs... The 1.2 is not a great engine to work on power wise, and was at it's best in the mk4/5 since they're light cars with short gears. In the mk6 it was strangled really, but it revs sweetly even though you need to rev it some to get the power.

So it doesn't damage the engine to rev at higher rpms?

But there must be sth i can do to pimp up the car a little bit

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

As long as the engines warm you'll be okay. Don't go redlining it when it's cold. Be gentle and don't drive like a boy racer all the time. As for little things, there's a good amount of guides here. Interior lighting is a good one, and there's lots of guides for that. A new stereo and Speakers would help also, since the mk6 one as standard isn't the best.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Ford OC mobile app

But for now I would like to improve the performance somehow :/

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Honestly you won't get a lot out of the sigma engine. Tuning a naturally aspirated car will be a waste of time. For more power you'd need cams, a crank new pistons and then a map to make it all work. If you're going racing it would work but on a fiesta it would cost ridiculous amounts.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club