Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Am I Stuffed?

jay93

So basically decided to take a lease out on a zetec s they said it would be in stock first week of August but its still in the factory awaiting gate release. I'm getting a bit impatient but also seen some really good deals on st's and have sort of set my heart on one now.

The only problem is i signed an order form for the lease company saying i'll pay a £600 cancellation fee if i cancel the order once they've begun sourcing it (i know stupid thing to do!). Anyway so has anyone been through the same sort of thing am i covered by the distance selling thing or by the fact they still havent delivered my car and i just took the spec they had ready or am i just stuffed and have to stick with this company? Cheers for the advice

Have the signed the form which you then have an 18 day cooling off period from?

I signed the order for does that have an 18 day cooling off period? Bit of a strange amount of time isnt it?

Is it the finance docs or the vehicle order form you've signed? Yeah very strange having 18 days, not sure why it's that

Telll them to .............. off they haven't honoured their end of the bargain and you've been forced to buy a car elsewhere as you need it for work and to return all funds immediately, try something like that. was the delivery date in writing to you?

Ye was thinking about trying something like that as i had a look at the distance selling thing and it says if goods have taken more than 30 days from order then you have a right to cancel. They have said first week of august in a few emails but no specific date im afraid :/. Just worried about cancelling then if i refuse to pay and they take me to court the fee will probably double

Sounds like you might be able to get out of it. I'd see if you can get legal advice or if you know anyone with knowledge about this sort of thing. I would think if they say they'll charge you, compared to them taking a deposit, you're in a better position because you have the £600 and they don't. All they have is a document which says you'll pay it I assume, and hopefully that document isn't worth the paper it's printed on :)

On my Vehicle Order Form from Gateway2Lease it states:

' An agency fee equivalent to the initial rental (inc. VAT) is payable in the event of the supply contract being cancelled '

Best thing to do mate is get in touch and ask them what your options are.

Best thing to do mate is get in touch and ask them what your options are.

Exactly, and it's probably best to do it through email, then you have a record of everything they tell you.

If worse comes to worse pay the £600 and stillbuy the ST

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Haha cheers guys I'll drop them an email tomorrow. Phil if only it was that easy! Getting an ST without the £600 quid was gunna be a push anyway I'm only 20! But I think I'll give it a few more days I'm sure I'll be more than happy with the ZS (assuming it arrives!)

I would of thought you could get out of this,after all a contract is bound by both parties and they have defaulted on the delivery as they said first week in august.

I would tell them to sod off and your're going elsewhere.

Or all failing and you can't get out without paying can you not change the order to an st?

One thing I'll guarantee is they won't take you to court over a few hundred quid, any sniff at losing such as overdue delivery no one will take the case on anyway. Don't worry about that, it'd just be talk but you'd never get served.

One thing I'll guarantee is they won't take you to court over a few hundred quid, any sniff at losing such as overdue delivery no one will take the case on anyway. Don't worry about that, it'd just be talk but you'd never get served.

Spot on i reckon.

Update: just got off the phone with them and ive finally got a vin number off them! They said it was built on the 13th when i called last week which i thought was a bit fishy seeing as the factory is closed on summer break then but had a look on etis it was built yesterday! So im guessing now it shouldnt be too long just a case of shipping it. Has anyone had experience of how long it takea from build date to dealership?

Result,not sure on transport times but at least it's on the way.

I'm guessing 4 weeks till you drive it off the forecourt what with delivery ,registration and pdi etc.

Have you not had an ETA email from Gateway2Lease? Mine is due for delivery to the dealers September 30th, ordered on the 23rd July :(

You can't pick the car up from the supplying dealership, it get's delivered to your address after the PDI checks, registration and taxing is done.

Update: just got off the phone with them and ive finally got a vin number off them! They said it was built on the 13th when i called last week which i thought was a bit fishy seeing as the factory is closed on summer break then but had a look on etis it was built yesterday! So im guessing now it shouldnt be too long just a case of shipping it. Has anyone had experience of how long it takea from build date to dealership?

It depend a how many are waiting in the yards can take upto 4 weeks,

This sticker was on mine, shows build date and all stages of transport, took 18 days from build to dealer

44271948fd7cf88c0db12f8eb9e66164.jpg

Unfortunately with a different company the leden group who were recommended to me to be fair their not aweful and are quite polite and try to help they just don't really seem to have too much of a clue about when it will arrive

Cheers for the photo 18 days is somewhat reassuring do the dealers take ages after that for delivery and registration?

Depends how efficient they are, some will start the registration process as soon as it's built, the PDI doesn't take long, some people get the car the day after delivery some after a few days.

My zetec s was pre built on December 13th 2010, my dealer found it in the compound it was shipped over in the bad winter of 2010/11 I got it from the dealers 13th January, and that with Christmas/new year in the middle.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Mine was built on 11/12/13 picked up 11/1/14

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club