Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2 or 3 lines on MK7 screen display? (poll)

sussex

2 or 3 lines?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. 2 or 3 lines?

Michelle suggested a poll so here it is.

Following on from this thread http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index...?showtopic=5825

Here are images

Mark M.K posted this image

DSC04840.jpg

Caligator posted this image

sdaas.jpg

Some people in the other thread said they have 2 lines some say 3 so what has your MK7 got? and also when did you get your MK7?

I ordered mine in September 2008 and I have 3 lines (same as Mark has) top line is temp second is the one I can scroll through MPG/Miles to empty etc and bottom line always shows how many miles the car has done.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• irononreverse

• MichellefromEssex

• hedgepig

• amyjaj

I'm a 2. Looks like i'll never get that 3some :rolleyes:

We got the zetec in october and thats a three liner, and my titanium is also a three liner which we picked up in november.

my 5000 mile shot. 5 weeks old.

5000milesjune09.jpg

Mine is also 2 liner, bought in May in Poland...Titanium 1.6l Ti-VCT....my 3 friends (2 from Czech rep. and one from Slovakia) have 3 lines... :blink:

yeah she is used for ma daily diary rendezvous.

yeah she is used for ma daily diary rendezvous.

So wont be long before your first service then lol. carry on this way you be on 52,000 at the end of your first year!!!!!!!!!

Mine was built at the end of March and is a 3 liner. Does anyone have any idea why some have 2 lines? Seems a bit of an odd detail to change.

Mine was built at the end of March and is a 3 liner. Does anyone have any idea why some have 2 lines? Seems a bit of an odd detail to change.

Ours (a 1.25 Zetec 82bhp, built on 2 April 2009) has 3 lines - having read these two threads I'm starting to wonder if it was changed to 2 lines around May this year. On the one hand, you can see more info at a time with the 3-liner, on the other hand, maybe the figures are a bit bigger and thus more legible on the 2-liners. But probably it's just some component supplier change, or something to save Ford some pennies...!

Ours (a 1.25 Zetec 82bhp, built on 2 April 2009) has 3 lines - having read these two threads I'm starting to wonder if it was changed to 2 lines around May this year. On the one hand, you can see more info at a time with the 3-liner, on the other hand, maybe the figures are a bit bigger and thus more legible on the 2-liners. But probably it's just some component supplier change, or something to save Ford some pennies...!

I don't think the digits are bigger because it can still display 3 lines if it needs to as jma78b said in the other topic:

I have 2 lines. The only time I see 3 lines is when i have it on the setting telling me how many miles till empty. Apart from that its all 2 lines which I think is correct.

So it's probably not penny pinching, Unless the older 2 liners have the third line and newer ones are completely restricted to 2. It does seem odd not having the odometer displayed until you select it.

My 29th March 09 built Titanium has 2 lines - except for the petrol pump symbol below the miles left in tank line ???

its strange... theres no real point to chnaging it to a 2 line display and its not model specific.. and it seems stupid to have some 2 and some 3.... unless its something to do with where the cars built....

3 doors are built in cologne... and 5 doors are valencia... so who has a 2 line display and where was the car built?

Mines a 3 door build date 28th March Cologne and I have 3 lines

My display has two lines but will need to double check later today. How do you find out where the car was built?

My display has two lines but will need to double check later today. How do you find out where the car was built?

You can check on the FordEtis site. You'll need to register but once you have you simply enter your VIN and it should bring up all the info about your car.

FordEtis

As an update, my Fiesta is a 5 door and was built in Valencia