Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2 or 3 lines on MK7 screen display? (poll)

sussex

2 or 3 lines?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. 2 or 3 lines?

Hello All! :lol:

I just picked up my new Fiesta 1.6 TDCI Titanium yesterday and I have a theory about the 2/3 line display.

(Mine is 2 line btw)

I think it is ONLY models that have the trip computer in them that have the 2 line because I think (someone please check for me and correct me if req'd) that the 3 line displays only show what's on those 3 lines, whereas the 2 line display is scrollable to view lots of different information.

Any one else think that this might be true?

Not sure on that theory as mine's 3 lines and I can scroll through on the second line just like Caligator's video.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• irononreverse

• MichellefromEssex

• hedgepig

• amyjaj

most likely looks like that after may ford decided to sell the car with 2 lines only :(

Hello All! :lol:

I just picked up my new Fiesta 1.6 TDCI Titanium yesterday and I have a theory about the 2/3 line display.

(Mine is 2 line btw)

I think it is ONLY models that have the trip computer in them that have the 2 line because I think (someone please check for me and correct me if req'd) that the 3 line displays only show what's on those 3 lines, whereas the 2 line display is scrollable to view lots of different information.

Any one else think that this might be true?

My display is a 3 line display and can scroll through mpg/average speed/miles traveled since last reset and miles until empty on the second line. The only difference between the 2 and 3 line displays so far is that on the 3 line display, the odometer is permanently displayed on the bottom line.

I have a two line display. Car was built in Cologne in May 2009. Rang the dealer yesterday out of interest - he was not aware that some cars had two lines and others had three.

I would imagine it's a date thing. This has only happened in the last month or so and all cars previously as far as I'm aware have had 3 lines with the trip computer.

Today I`ve checked ETIS site again and quess what I found there under my cars VIN: "Two Line Multi Function Display ". I don`t know now if 2 line display is bug or a feature....

Today I`ve checked ETIS site again and quess what I found there under my cars VIN: "Two Line Multi Function Display ". I don`t know now if 2 line display is bug or a feature....

I think that line is referring to the Stereo display. If you don't have bluetooth then it's a smaller display.

My listing appears as this

# With Trip Computer

# Outside Temp Thermometer

# Matrix Multi Function Display

The top two refer to the Trip computer and I'm assuming the Matrix display is for the stereo.

Oops, I didn`t realized that it could be also for radio... :ph34r:

well i thought id put you out ur missery! i called the fiesta brand team to find out the story... alot of customers were complaining the bottom line of the display wasnt very visable due to the shape of the cluster around it....

as a result they re position the writting on the displays on all models of fiesta...

the display is the same but the software is different so it only displays the 2 lines making it clearer and easier to read!

rathher annoyed coz i like the 3 lines!! but geuss il have to live with the 2!!

well i thought id put you out ur missery! i called the fiesta brand team to find out the story... alot of customers were complaining the bottom line of the display wasnt very visable due to the shape of the cluster around it....

as a result they re position the writting on the displays on all models of fiesta...

the display is the same but the software is different so it only displays the 2 lines making it clearer and easier to read!

rathher annoyed coz i like the 3 lines!! but geuss il have to live with the 2!!

That's OK Ronnie.

Mine's now unique as it has 3 lines......maybe I'll get more part exchange value when the time comes eh?? ;)

1.6 petrol 3dr titanium no extras ordered may built in cologne in june delivered july - we have 2 lines on computer

So why the difference ??

1.6 petrol 3dr titanium no extras ordered may built in cologne in june delivered july - we have 2 lines on computer

So why the difference ??

on a 3 line display the bottom line isnt that clear... u find half it isnt visable due to the way the cluster is shaped... so it was pointless havin it. so they made it 2 lines and repositioned the writting to make it clearer and more visible

on a 3 line display the bottom line isnt that clear... u find half it isnt visable due to the way the cluster is shaped... so it was pointless havin it. so they made it 2 lines and repositioned the writting to make it clearer and more visible

That's a shame since it doesn't really matter if the bottom line isn't that visible. The odometer isn't the most important thing whilst driving and I only tend to glance at it occasionally and it's nice that it's always on display, even if slightly obscured. (I haven't had this problem though)

• 3 weeks later...

I can see the third line of my display quite clearly........my resale value will be even more now! ;)

Oops--double post!

It's true my bottom line is slightly obscured, but tbh I didn't notice it until now and I'm usually the first to pick fault with something :lol: tis nay bother to me!

Drat ! I wish I'd read this thread earlier. I spent 1/2 hour trying to find the way to get 3 lines as shown in the manual instead of my 2 lines.

The two-liner looks a WHOLE lot less... Uh... 'Elegant' than the three liner, huh?

Three liner has a modern, thin font and the two liner sorta looks like an early 80's calculator. :-(

hp35calculator.jpg

Chris...

• 4 months later...
Looks like Jar will get 2 lines then, and if Johnny reappears then he can confirm the date theory.

Well Mine turned out to be a 2 line display. Build date: 20th May 2009. Only thing im missing is a permanent mileometer and that doesn't bother me at all. As the physical size of the screen is still the same I doubt its a money saving measure, more likely just an improvement

we noticed this on fiestas that came throught early this year. It was a minor computer upgrade and all cars we get through are 2 lines now and 3 lines are the original fiestas. I have not seen a 3 line new fiesta for ages now bluetooth or no bluetooth

i have 3 lines and have full view of the bottom line. by chance, are those of you with obscured views of the bottom line midgets?