Do Not Sell My Personal Information

St2-St3 Price Difference - Worth It?

ayrshiredude

Hi guys

So Have been thinking about the ST2. This is costing me £50 a month more than then my ZS but it would be a further £20 p/m to get the ST3. Cost of £750 ish over the ST2.

Do you think the difference in cost is worth paying or is the ST2 good enough?

I love the extra gadgets on my st3 so yes for me it was worth it.

you may be different and not want the extra's, to be completely honest, everyone will have a different opinion, at the end of the day its up to you and what you will be happy with.

I also love my gadgets so went for the ST3. Once you get an ST3 with style pack there are about 3 other options so I took those too :). I wasn't sure about the satnav at first but now I couldn't live without it haha. It's so convenient compared to attaching a tomtom to the windscreen every time I don't know where I'm going, which is quite often.

Yep as above...look at the extras and see if you want them...for me the opposite, I wouldn't have used the auto lights/wipers or cruise control, and I prefer to use my own dedicated big screen garmin satnav than the solution in the fiesta so on balance the ST3 wasn't worth it for me.

So there you go, you have 2 different views - you need to make your own mind up. List all the extras the ST3 has and see how many of them you want or would use regularly and whether its worth the extra £1000 to you? :)

I'd quite happily give the auto wipers and lights back to ford for the £150 or whatever they cost as a refund lol

Thanks for your replies interesting views. For me personally the Auto wipers/mirror/lights is something I love as I have it on my ZS as an option and was getting it on the ST-2. The Cruise control is something I had on My Punto Evo Sporting before the ZS and liked, kinda miss that actually. The climate control hmmm I could prob live without that. The Key less entry I'm really not sure how that will be a benefit and sat nav is actually something I rarely use to be honest, and when I do need it I can use Google maps on my phone.

Kinda think I might have answered my own question lol

I'd quite happily give the auto wipers and lights back to ford for the £150 or whatever they cost as a refund lol

:huh: I love the auto lights, the wipers are good but not great. Although the 2 work together so the lights come on if it rains hard enough. Easily worth having in my opinion.

Yep as above...look at the extras and see if you want them...for me the opposite, I wouldn't have used the auto lights/wipers or cruise control, and I prefer to use my own dedicated big screen garmin satnav than the solution in the fiesta so on balance the ST3 wasn't worth it for me.

So there you go, you have 2 different views - you need to make your own mind up. List all the extras the ST3 has and see how many of them you want or would use regularly and whether its worth the extra £1000 to you? :)

I see what you mean about a dedicated satnav, the Ford system is a bit limited and can only take you to a postcode, not a full address, but I think its convenience makes up for that. Would you not even use cruise control on a long motorway trip? My mum's like that, she had cruise control in her Golf for about 3 years and never used it, just cos she didn't know how it works haha.

And another thing about the price, I noticed before I got mine that an ST3 was a lot cheaper than an ST2 with the same options added, I don't know if that's still the case but that made it a good deal, especially when I got a huge discount from the retail price anyway.

Thanks for your replies interesting views. For me personally the Auto wipers/mirror/lights is something I love as I have it on my ZS as an option and was getting it on the ST-2. The Cruise control is something I had on My Punto Evo Sporting before the ZS and liked, kinda miss that actually. The climate control hmmm I could prob live without that. The Key less entry I'm really not sure how that will be a benefit and sat nav is actually something I rarely use to be honest, and when I do need it I can use Google maps on my phone.

Kinda think I might have answered my own question lol

Yeah some things are not essential like climate control. Some things like keyless entry and auto folding mirrors I like just cos it's something to show off, but they have their uses. I love not needing to take the keys out of my pocket, and the folding mirrors make it easy to see if the car is locked, plus it just looks cool because all high end cars have them.

I knew I would be keeping the car for a long time so I didn't want to think after a year "why didn't I get cruise control?". The problem is now I take all these gadgets for granted so I'll end up spending more on future cars.

For 20p/m extra I would go for it, if it's costing £750 more for the ST3 that a £250 saving on list to start with an ST2 in the same spec would be £275 more. The car will be worth more when you sell over a ST2 with some options.

None of them are essential but are useful, I like keyless entry as you don't have to take your keys out of your pocket, I leave the lights on auto all the time. On my ST I went for everything except sat nav when I picked the car up I wish I had ordered it. Yes your phone has nav or you have a tomtom etc but built in nav looks so much tidier, no cables or brackets is always there and doesn't need hiding away.

the key less entry is a feature i really like, as you don't need the keys to start the st-2 having to fish they keys out of your pockets just to unlock the car used to really annoy me, the Sat Nav was pretty decent too, though i wouldnt want to have paid nearly 500 quid for it

For 20p/m extra I would go for it, if it's costing £750 more for the ST3 that a £250 saving on list to start with an ST2 in the same spec would be £275 more. The car will be worth more when you sell over a ST2 with some options.

None of them are essential but are useful, I like keyless entry as you don't have to take your keys out of your pocket, I leave the lights on auto all the time. On my ST I went for everything except sat nav when I picked the car up I wish I had ordered it. Yes your phone has nav or you have a tomtom etc but built in nav looks so much tidier, no cables or brackets is always there and doesn't need hiding away.

But the St satnav is a bit crap...i tried it and hated it both in terms of screen size/visibility, and the actual software running it.

Suppose its OK getting it as part of st3 package if you want all the other gubbins but anyone paying £400 for this separately...really?!

But the St satnav is a bit crap...i tried it and hated it both in terms of screen size/visibility, and the actual software running it.

I thought that too until I got used to it, and accepted it only does post codes. The only problem I have with it is that it doesn't tell you how far to your next turn off which I liked on my tomtom, but again that's something I'll get used to.

I like the sat nav, but still cannot work out how to get it to beep before a speed camera

I like the sat nav, but still cannot work out how to get it to beep before a speed camera

I didn't even know it had speed camera locations. My tomtom used to beep like mad if there had ever been a speed camera anywhere nearby.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club