Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wind Deflectors On A 2009 Estate ... Opinions ?

IcePax

Hello ..

I'm thinking of getting Wind deflectors fitted to my 2009 Mondeo Estate. I'm not overly bothered about "how they look" as I've always had a Function over Form kinda outlook.

Do any of you have them fitted to your cars ?

What is the most reliable brand ?

Are they simple to fit for an eejit with no mechanical know how (me) ?

Any constructive thoughts / suggestions welcomed :-)

Thanks

• Like 1

The two known brands are Heko and Climair.

Ford sell Climair themselves and they are the more sturdy of the two brands but Heko's have a better shape to them.

I used Heko on my Mk1 Focus and have Climair on My current car (Mk2 Focus).

They are easy to fit, Heko come with metal clips that push up into the window seals between the deflectors and the frame whereas the Climair usually just come with sticky pads attached.

To be objective, I have fitted a few sets of Heko's on friends' cars and they all came with little bits of plastic snapped off whereas My Climair came with no damage whatsoever.

• Like 1

See this is where my limited knowledge shows .... I'm cautious about the sticky pads bit hehehe what speed are they rated to (and what speed have people "accidentally" done where they've stayed on ?

• Like 1

Tbh if you're going fast enough for them to blow off then your windows would be closed, clamping them firmly in place.

The front ones fit pretty tightly into the window channels so don't move around at all.

The rear ones tend to have clips for them as they only sit at the top of your windows and therefore aren't so secure.

• Like 1

The front ones have to be bent slightly when fitting due to the way they cover the front and top of the window so are pretty much held in by their own tension.

I've never had front ones shift more than a couple of mm.

• Like 2

I have the heko ones on and found myself doing 90 on way to ford fair as was late no problems

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I have Heko's on my focus, they were a breeze to install and haven't had any problems at all with them so far. And I wouldn't be worried about them falling off unless you're doing 90-100 with the windows down.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I have Heko on my Mondeo and they keep wind noise out upto about 107-109ish.

If you're wondering... Yes I've been scared at times if they were to fly off!!

I have Heko on my Mondeo and they keep wind noise out upto about 107-109ish.

If you're wondering... Yes I've been scared at times if they were to fly off!!

Hopefully kph not mph.
  • Like 1

I have recently fitted heko wind deflectors, I like the shape very much, it produce more wind noise than without but that is to be expected. The front and back both comes with sticky pads and clips when I installed. I wasn't overly impressed with the security of the rear windows, although I got the clip in safely and it's still attached without issue. I plan to dab a bit of silicone on it if they ever come loose. Front ones are secured without any clips and cannot be faulted at all

I should have mentioned my focus is a hatch

post-43258-141012742097_thumb.jpg

post-43258-141012744411_thumb.jpg

I should have mentioned my focus is a hatch

I was wondering why you would have wind noise whilst I didn't, maybe it's because there's a manufacturing difference between the Mondeo deflectors and the Focus.

I have heko installed on my mk4 mondeo and there is wind noise but to be expected as the window doesn't close fully the only one which should have no noise is the ones that stick on to the door bodywork

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I was wondering why you would have wind noise whilst I didn't, maybe it's because there's a manufacturing difference between the Mondeo deflectors and the Focus.

The wind deflectors disrupt the air flow and create mini vortex around the windows this produce drag and reduce mpg, nothing to be bothered about of course.

This is the main reason for wind noise, it should do the same on the mondeo you might just be deaf on those frequencies lol just kidding.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Ok an update ... i got a set of the Team Heko ones for front and back doors. Fitted really easily as everyone said they would and i have not noticed any extra wind noise. The windows all seem to close fully and the car looks pretty good with them on. ☺

Thanks for all your comments.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club