• Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save

Jack McGuire

Bluetooth In The 2007 Focus

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys.

My Bluetooth doesnt appear to be working properly on my Focus. I have the voice pack and my phone connects to the bluetooth but when a call comes in nothing happens?

The phone buttons just mute and I cannot find any reference to bluetooth on the radios menus (checked all sub-menus). What am I missing here?

Thanks.

Ianb likes this

Most likely your Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module is breken or has a software fault. You should reset the module first. This can be done softwarematically with a diagnostic system, by disconnecting the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module connector or by removing the radio fuse for about 15 minutes (mind your radio code!).

If resetting the module does not solve the problem the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module appears to be defective in most cases.

Another possibillity is that your Phone is not compatible with the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system of your car. A 2007 Focus MK2 has the old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system which can not be updated. This means that allmost all newer Phones are officially not supported. Newer Phones may not function correctly with the outdated Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system of the Focus MK2.

Jack McGuire likes this

Ok, Ill have a go with an older phone, it has a year warranty with it so i may just drop by the dealer to see what they make of it. Thanks for the response.