Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Removed C90 Connector And Big Problems.

simcor

Checked the C90 connector in fuse box by battery, now I have an immobilised car, no communication at all from IDS to any ECU and code 16 on the immobiliser light.

Anyone have a diagram of the can wire in this connector for me to check it?

Ok so doing some searching it seems there is a faulty link between the PATS module and the PCM, hence the no start, determined from the error code 16 on the dash diagnostics.

So it has to be a link with this C90 connector that I removed and cleaned with contact cleaner and then replaced, since I did that it has gone haywire.

I wonder if the fuse has blown for the PATS? No idea where that fuse will be either.

You could try fuse 67 (10A) in the passenger junction box, this is for Instrument cluster, ignition supply and immobiliser.

As for the C90 connector, would recommend disconnecting it and checking you've not got a bent or backed out pin on either side of the connector. Wouldn't expect a backed out pin to cause a fuse to go but still worth checking it all.

Surely that fuse would stop power to the ignition and cluster though?

I have removed the connector several times, sprayed contact cleaner on it then checked all pins they all loo well seated and pretty clean. Can't find anyone who sells conductive grease for electronics locally so that's a bummer too.

Removed fuses in the junction box with C90 connector and checked them all then removed the C90 connector again and reseated it it and hey presto car starts again, thank goodness for that. Relieved is not the word.

Not completely sorted as it now starts and runs again. I still have a can fault somewhere as I can't access various functions on IDS saying modules cannot communicate. Running alarm tests does not work, accesssing the GEN does not work nor door ECU's which IDS reports as standard equipment when running a network test most pats complete the network test apart form those from memory. Still have the engine fault light on and won't rev past 3k but think that is either glow plugs or down to the can wiring problem. Maybe it is the cluster issue why I'm having can faults, but all the cluster tests run ok and that seems to check out fine on IDS. Maybe someone with proper knowledge on IDS will know what is wrong or what I am doing wrong.

Sent from my HTC One using Ford OC mobile app

Do you use an original Ford/Rotunda VCM or a Chinese clone with the IDS software?

Some of the Chinese clones can not connect proper to some of the modules. All modules you can not connect to are on the mid-speed CANbus network so possibly your VCM can only connect to the high-speed CANbus network.

It is a Chinese clone VCM 2 so you might be right shame if that is the case. Is there any fixes for that if it is that? Like rewiring the OBD connector on the cable or adding a switch etc?

These are pictures of the front and back of the case and also front and back of the circuit board.

post-56829-140880331718_thumb.jpg

post-56829-140880333406_thumb.jpg

post-56829-140880334868_thumb.jpg

post-56829-140880336361_thumb.jpg

Hmm just tried connecting to the GEM again and this time it said unable to read system status not communication failure, how strange.

I suspect your problem is caused by the Chinese Vcm 2. Many of the cheap Chinese clones are internally different from the original VCM 2. Because of this not all of the IDS functions may work.

Some of the clones can even brick one or more modules during diagnostic or module reprogramming.

Many of the Focus MK2 versions do not even have door modules. Door modules are only used on a Focus Mk2 If one or more of the following options are factory fitted.

* Comfort Windows (4 Electric windows).

* Factory alarm.

* Double locking.

* Side mirrors with indicators.

* Side mirrors with puddle lights.

If the car does not have one or more of these options there are no door modules. I have seen before that IDS detects door modules on a car which does not even have them.

Well that explains not being able to talk to the DCU's then as mine does not have them lol

Do I have a GEM fitted then?

The GEM module of the Focus MK2/MK2.5 is fully integrated into the (interior) fuse box. The GEM module/fuse box controls most of the comfort and exterior/interior lights related functions.

If your VCM is not able to diagnose or connect to the GEM module/ fuse box it is most likely caused by the VCM.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club