Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Has Anyone Tried The Red/black Edition Zs ?

NQbbe

I'm considering "upgrading" my standard ZS to the red/black edition - primarily for the changed gear ratios, which should help overtake times (which is were I feel the standard ZS is a bit sluggish)

I already tried an ST, and whilst it's very fun, it's not that practical for me due to being unable to fit a tow bar (or whatever it's called, it's the thing you put your trailer on :D - English isn't my primary language, so bear with me)

So with that out the window (can't live without my trailer, unfortunately) I'm looking to the red/black for a speed upgrade.

I should probably also mention that remapping the car is also illegal in Denmark, so that's out as well :angry:

To make a long story short: Did anyone try one yet, and can you elaborate on how it performs ? (Mainly interested in the overtake acceleration)

Don't think any are on the road yet,can't remember if builds start in September or you can order from September.

The do look smart, I saw them both driving towards Goodwood festival of speed, they do stand out with the painted roofs.

It was supposed to have gone on sale in the UK 4 days ago.

The red one with the black bits looks the business. Wish I could afford one :(

Also supposed to be on sale in Denmark by now, but nobody's got any yet :(

Saw the Black edition on the Ford Stand at the Glasgow Green during the Commonwealth games and it really did look good.

I think the red one looks pretty good. Shame about the price...especially by the time you add the essential options to them, poor value even with ford discounting.

I think the red one looks pretty good. Shame about the price...especially by the time you add the essential options to them, poor value even with ford discounting.

Depends on what options you call essential, the rrp is £16.5k you can add £2k with all options. Drivethedeal will do it for £14900 with all options which isn't too bad IMO.

Depends on what options you call essential, the rrp is £16.5k you can add £2k with all options. Drivethedeal will do it for £14900 with all options which isn't too bad IMO.

I would say you can get an ST for just a little more.

Or if you want a warm hatch which I appreciate some do for purchase cost, insurance or running cost reasons then the swift sport (one of the competitors ford themselves said this was aimed against) can be picked up for £13K and that has all these options as standard, plus more such as xenons and a touchscreen? and its still faster than the red/black.

Not dissing these but can't quite see the market for them on price or performance.

I would say you can get an ST for just a little more.

Or if you want a warm hatch which I appreciate some do for purchase cost, insurance or running cost reasons then the swift sport (one of the competitors ford themselves said this was aimed against) can be picked up for £13K and that has all these options as standard, plus more such as xenons and a touchscreen? and its still faster than the red/black.

Not dissing these but can't quite see the market for them on price or performance.

The market for them will come from brand locality, the fiesta being more popular than it's rivals, looks, fuel economy etc. ford will sell a lot of these regardless of what the competition is.

The swift looks a ok to be fair but it's not that much quicker/faster and xenons and a touchscreen don't make a car any better.

I'm quite interested in one of these, so went via the local ford garage. Apparently they start building them in October.

With a couple of must have options, drive the deal will do the red one for £13k. Which seems reasonable.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

It does when you see how much nearly new ZS's are still going for.

You can order it, a friend of mine has and his expected build date is late September early October I believe

• 1 month later...

remapped my 125hp sport to 140hp Red&Black edition!!

Very very happy :D :D :D

Getting my Black Edition tomorrow, getting out of my White ZS Ecoboost 125.

Driving them back to back I have to say the power increase is most definitely noticeable and so is the extra turbo whoosh! Slightly lower ratios and a much lighter curb weight compared to the ST make that 140 BHP seem quite a bit more... And the steering... Ratio and angle attack is much more aggressive suiting the slightly lower and slightly stiffer suspension.

I found it irresistible!

Much better ride comfort than the ST and still only £20 a year road tax (1st year free)

Big bonus is my insurance is about the same, up £10 a year inc business miles!

No complaints at all!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Have to say the Black Edition has impressed me so far.

Useful reversing sensors with a display to show risk.

And the trip from Stoke to Telford saw 54 mpg compared to the ZSE's 43 over the same trip, which was mostly B roads not motorway.

The extra BHP is noticeable, makes the car a very nice drive on the revised gearbox ratios.

Like!

How come it's £20 road tax? Would you have to pay road tax if you remapped a 125 to similar 140bhp?

Emissions are up over 100.

How come it's £20 road tax? Would you have to pay road tax if you remapped a 125 to similar 140bhp?

No, VED is based on the car's original emissions, so wouldnt go up even if you put a bigger engine in.

I've ordered one of these. Will let you know what it's like. Hopefully 140PS isn't overkill for my first car :D

Correct me if I'm wrong but the red / black edition is mechanically the same as the ZS but with a remap and colour differences. I've not read anywhere official that the gearbox / suspension / steering are any different.

Pending a credit check today, I'll be picking mine up on Thursday. Took it for a test drive and it was a lot of fun!

Saw on of the black editions the other day, looked quite smart tbh, although it's £15.5K list price to have with the coloured roof and mirrors etc, seems a bit steep imo.

Ford still think it'll do 62odd MPG combined lol, anyone 1.0 Owners every hit anywhere near this yet?

Be interesting to see what the likes of Superchips and Revo come up with, going on recent history there should be a claimed 160BHP upgrade for it at some point, if possible.

Wheels on them are much better than the regular ZS too.

The Red and Blacks alterations are more than just a paint job and remap.

Gear ratios, valve timing, steering feedback, suspension firmed up and slightly lowered, turbo wastegate changes.....

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club