Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dab Install(Updated)

jimbro

Just finished the job(sort of)

Still have to get a bit of convoluted tubing to put the cables in

Power is from 2 x cigarette lighter adapters

One takes power from the main socket, the other daisy chains off it. OK since it's all low current devices drawing no more than a couple of amps max.

Adapter 1 (2 x std sockets+ 1 x USB in the plug) powers adapter 2 and the HD dashcam

Adapter 2 (2 x std socket+2 x USB) powers the iPOD, Sonichi S100 and my phone

Cabling to them is tucked under the bottom of the console towards the footwell where I've mounted the power adapters with D/S tape out of the way

Originally, I had the DAB antenna on the roof with the cable coming out past the rubber seal on the hatchback but I was getting some wind noise this way.

I've now run it into the boot and mounted it under the O/S rear wing upside down(see pic 2)

The bracket I used is a Scorpion bracket designed for an 03 Megane(it looked right) and just slips in behind the LH side of the original Sony head unit(didn't even have to remove it)

I just drilled a small hole in the Sonichi bracket and fixed it to the Scorpion one with a small screw and nylock nut.

So far, the DAB reception seems fine with the antenna in the boot. I'll see how it is when driving around.

Cabling will be tidied a bit more when I get the tubing to wrap round the cables and I'll get right angles audio cables so they don't stick out as much from the side of the Sonichi.

Cable into the bottom of the iPOD provides power and audio out(splitter).

iPOD Audio out goes to AUX IN on Sonichi

Sonichi AUX OUT goes to AUX port in glovebox.

Just switch the Sony head unit to AUX and everything goes through the Sonichi which also has FM radio.

As it goes through the Sony unit, you can also use the steering wheel volume controls.

If required, the Sonichi S100 can be removed by unclipping from the plastic bracket and unplugging the cables.

Hope this info is of some help.

IMAG0052.jpg

Antenna mounted upside down and stuck magnetically to the wing

IMAG0051.jpg

OK, reception drifts in and out when I'm driving around so the antenna's getting moved back to the roof

This time, I'll extend the antenna cable and run it to the back of the boot then route it out and up the side of the tailgate

to the rear of the roof.

That should eliminate wind noise

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club