4 replies to this topic

#1 chris cunnew

chris cunnew

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: ford fiesta

Posted 10 April 2008 - 03:52 PM

Hi

I am thinking of buying my first car and i like the fiesta mk5 but i have found a 1999 (category C) mk4 that has been hit from the front and i just wanted to now if it could be made into a mk5

Thanks for any help

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Steve

Steve

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,935 posts
  • Ford Model: Kugy
Contributor

Posted 10 April 2008 - 07:04 PM

have you purchased the cat c vehicle yet?

I would stay away from any category vehicles TBH

#3 chris cunnew

chris cunnew

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: ford fiesta

Posted 11 April 2008 - 02:27 PM

have you purchased the cat c vehicle yet?

I would stay away from any category vehicles TBH

no not purchased the car but wot is wrong with category vehicles are thay hard to fix

thanks

chris

#4 Steve

Steve

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,935 posts
  • Ford Model: Kugy
Contributor

Posted 11 April 2008 - 05:36 PM

Well I guess a 99 model is not going to be in the big thousands. If it was newer i would stay away as i just simply would never sell on.

Definatly get an independent inspection on the car in case it has other faults which could be dangerous.

Also i highly doubt a mk5 gear would fit a mk4 without big modifications.. but then again i have seen a Lexus IS200 front on a fiesta before so anything can be done if you have the time and skill.

#5 Russ

Russ

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4i zetec

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:32 PM

Well I guess a 99 model is not going to be in the big thousands. If it was newer i would stay away as i just simply would never sell on.

Definatly get an independent inspection on the car in case it has other faults which could be dangerous.

Also i highly doubt a mk5 gear would fit a mk4 without big modifications.. but then again i have seen a Lexus IS200 front on a fiesta before so anything can be done if you have the time and skill.

If you look at the shape of a MK4 and the shape of a MK5 the obvious answer is NO, at least without major mods done to it. Regarding category vehicles, certain categories can and are quite easily repaired and put back on the road, check out the uk tv shows on satelite tv.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users