Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chris cunnew

Can you turn a fiesta mk4 into a mk5

5 posts in this topic

Hi

I am thinking of buying my first car and i like the fiesta mk5 but i have found a 1999 (category C) mk4 that has been hit from the front and i just wanted to now if it could be made into a mk5

Thanks for any help

have you purchased the cat c vehicle yet?

I would stay away from any category vehicles TBH

have you purchased the cat c vehicle yet?

I would stay away from any category vehicles TBH

no not purchased the car but wot is wrong with category vehicles are thay hard to fix

thanks

chris

Well I guess a 99 model is not going to be in the big thousands. If it was newer i would stay away as i just simply would never sell on.

Definatly get an independent inspection on the car in case it has other faults which could be dangerous.

Also i highly doubt a mk5 gear would fit a mk4 without big modifications.. but then again i have seen a Lexus IS200 front on a fiesta before so anything can be done if you have the time and skill.

Well I guess a 99 model is not going to be in the big thousands. If it was newer i would stay away as i just simply would never sell on.

Definatly get an independent inspection on the car in case it has other faults which could be dangerous.

Also i highly doubt a mk5 gear would fit a mk4 without big modifications.. but then again i have seen a Lexus IS200 front on a fiesta before so anything can be done if you have the time and skill.

If you look at the shape of a MK4 and the shape of a MK5 the obvious answer is NO, at least without major mods done to it. Regarding category vehicles, certain categories can and are quite easily repaired and put back on the road, check out the uk tv shows on satelite tv.