Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's the damage?

jma78b

Ok, I have had my beautiful Fifi for just over 5 weeks. Yesterday, after washing it at my mum's reversing out of the garage, my wing mirror.... hit the side of the gate thing, the black plastic case fell off and then.....I reversed over it! :o

I was so, so upset! :( My sister helped me squeeze it back on with the aid of superglue which is the white stuff on it. It still works but now it doesnt look perfect. I've been to the dealer and I can order a new case for it for £25 and they will fit it for £10. Not too bad I suppose and it could have been worse. But my poor baby :(

So any accidents to report?

DSC03154.jpg

Ok, I have had my beautiful Fifi for just over 5 weeks. Yesterday, after washing it at my mum's reversing out of the garage, my wing mirror.... hit the side of the gate thing, the black plastic case fell off and then.....I reversed over it! :o

I was so, so upset! :( My sister helped me squeeze it back on with the aid of superglue which is the white stuff on it. It still works but now it doesnt look perfect. I've been to the dealer and I can order a new case for it for £25 and they will fit it for £10. Not too bad I suppose and it could have been worse. But my poor baby :(

So any accidents to report?

DSC03154.jpg

Iwould imagine that new cover will not be painted black when it arrives. Usually they will be primerd only.

It will cost £10 to paint it black and stick it back on. I'm glad I dont need a whole new wing mirror!

Aw no :( I know the feeling of the first bit of damage, it's very upsetting! I have one curbed alloy (not my fault I hasten to add) being refurbed tomorrow by Wicked Wheels :D Fabio will be perfect again once more! Also have a small stone chip on my front bumper, but I suppose that's to be expected...

I guess that accidents do happen and you can't keep it pristine for ever

Ah no!

No accidents to report though today I have swung into my drive into my Mum's space and hit a plant pot so have a massive brown mark over 2 bits of my tyre (decided to reverse for some stupid reason!) sure it will come off though....couldn't see it though when I went to pull in the drive.

I knocked the casing off my wing mirror too, knocked another car's wing mirror, ooops. I managed to fit it back on, it has a few little scratches but not that bad.

oooo! sorry to hear that... never nice damaging anything especially when its new!

Hope its all sorted soon :)

It will cost £10 to paint it black and stick it back on. I'm glad I dont need a whole new wing mirror!

I know how you feel Jan.

I went to see some friends just after I had the car and they told me to put the car on their drive as their road is very narrow.

Well, as you know, my car has the full body kit on it so consequently it's lower at the front and their driveway has a steep incline before levelling off...........

As I carefully drove up the kerb I heard this horrible scrawking noise and yes, you've guessed, the underside of the body kit at the front just caught the top of the drive.

I was absolutely gutted---so I got out and there was a scratch under the car which couldn't be seen---but I knew it was there and I was really upset.

I know that some people would say "so what, it's only a car" but it's my car and, being a bit of a perfectionist, I want to keep it as pristine as possible.

Fortunately, the car's perfect again thanks to my friendly dealer--because at the 1500 check when I explained what I'd done they repaired it for me free of charge--I was so pleased that I could have hugged them!

So, anyone who has a body kit, beware as they are considerably lower than the normal car........... :rolleyes:

I know how you feel Jan.

I went to see some friends just after I had the car and they told me to put the car on their drive as their road is very narrow.

Well, as you know, my car has the full body kit on it so consequently it's lower at the front and their driveway has a steep incline before levelling off...........

As I carefully drove up the kerb I heard this horrible scrawking noise and yes, you've guessed, the underside of the body kit at the front just caught the top of the drive.

I was absolutely gutted---so I got out and there was a scratch under the car which couldn't be seen---but I knew it was there and I was really upset.

I know that some people would say "so what, it's only a car" but it's my car and, being a bit of a perfectionist, I want to keep it as pristine as possible.

Fortunately, the car's perfect again thanks to my friendly dealer--because at the 1500 check when I explained what I'd done they repaired it for me free of charge--I was so pleased that I could have hugged them!

So, anyone who has a body kit, beware as they are considerably lower than the normal car........... :rolleyes:

I parked in asda carpark and parked a little to close to the curb with the front of my car and just scraped the front and i almost cried :( i know how you all feel too!

Friday before last a bus decided to swap lanes mid junction despite me being along side it sounding my horn, and he struck my passenger mirror forcing me out of lane. I chased him down and pulled sideway across the front of his bus at a stop and flashed my blue badge in his face. Told him a few home truths after exclaiming that he is legally obliged to stop after a collision with another vehicle.

Thankfully it just popped the bezel off and didnt crack or scratch my mirror casing, it's a !Removed! to refit £10 seems very cheap for nearly an hours labour - however we'd (Dad) never tried to re-fit one before.

I parked in asda carpark and parked a little to close to the curb with the front of my car and just scraped the front and i almost cried :( i know how you all feel too!

I just have the standard suspension but I managed to scrape the underside of my car over a speed bump. I was nearly in a fit! I've also had a low flying pigeon graze my roof. I saw it fly up, just about clear the topof my windscreen then clipped my aerial! I swear if it had scratched my beloved Tegan I would have killed it!*

*I wouldn't really, just a figure of speech but seriously, these birds need to show a bit of respect for our shiny new cars!,

I went to Ford on Tuesday and got a new casing for the wing mirror (£37.00). I will get it fitted on Saturday. The wing mirror actually doesnt look too bad now that I have polished the car.

However, today when I came back from work and did my customary walk around the car to check for scratches, tyres etc, I saw that some !Removed! had keyed my passenger door! :(

I guess its not just a simple repair job eh? Maybe it is better that I just leave the car at home and not drive it to my local station. I'm so p*ssed off!

Oh what utter gits!!! Poor Fifi :( It's bad enough to do the damage yourself, but to have some jealous !Removed! do it is even worse!! How dare people do such things, it really gets me mad. We pay our hard earned money on nice things and people have to ruin it!! Sorry to hear it :( Hope the damage isn't too costly

Oh Jan how gutting is that? It happened to my last car. Check your Insurance policy as if you report it to the police the repair won't affect your no claims discount.

Oh what utter gits!!! Poor Fifi :( It's bad enough to do the damage yourself, but to have some jealous !Removed! do it is even worse!! How dare people do such things, it really gets me mad. We pay our hard earned money on nice things and people have to ruin it!! Sorry to hear it :( Hope the damage isn't too costly

You sound like me Flic! My sentiments exactly.

Had my first knock as a driver and first knock in my new fiesta on saturday :(

coming through a small village a van driver came over my side of the road forcing me wide and i clipped a sticking out kerb, totally ruined my upgraded alloy and now the cars pulling to the left and has a judder up through the steering, absolutely devastated!

anyone know what kind of damage i could be looking at to the car apart from the obvious needing a new alloy?

jamie

Had my first knock as a driver and first knock in my new fiesta on saturday :(

coming through a small village a van driver came over my side of the road forcing me wide and i clipped a sticking out kerb, totally ruined my upgraded alloy and now the cars pulling to the left and has a judder up through the steering, absolutely devastated!

anyone know what kind of damage i could be looking at to the car apart from the obvious needing a new alloy?

jamie

That doesnt sound good at all. :( New alloys and sounds like it needs to be rebalanced. Its all out of line. Hope it gets better soon.

Bashful, i'm going to check out my insurance and see what it says. I don't want to be spending so much money on getting it fixed if some jealous little toerag is going to do it again! Little shi*!

• 1 year later...

Front bumper

Front styling grille

Fog surrounts

Front lower "sport" spoiler

Grille (the thing that has the badge in it)

Windscreen wiper motor

thats for starters.....price? :(

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club