Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk1 Focus Questions

Kennen

So just bought a 04 focus mk1 on the cheap and I am a little baffled about a couple of things.

The biting point on the clutch, my initial thought was the clutch is shot and will need changing but others say ford do have a high biting point. Just how high is this though? My biting point is right at the top literally just past touching the pedal, now being 6'2 and seat back as far as it goes I'm still nearly eating my knees due to this. Where abouts is the biting point on yours?

I seem to have a bad flat spot at low revs also, I have already replaced the idle control valve which was pretty much making the car idle at nothing and was also nearly stalling when reving and letting it drop back down, thankfully that cured that. However this flat spot is nearly the entire idle to 2k range and holding it at a certain point it nearly sort of kangaroos but not quite. I have already done the plugs, oil, oil filter, air filter etc etc. I do already have a speed sensor on the way as the speedo drops off, I have already had the gauges out and cleaned the pcb up and ran the hold reset trip button test and they all work OK so hoping that cures that. Could that be related to my flat spot also, or could it be something else? Coil pack, maf sensor, leads not sure really seems these have a lot of common problems, anyone one else had this issue?

Thanks in advance.

A faulty speed sensor will cause power loss when the fault is occurring, the ECU thinks the engine is idling and drops the power.

Once you fit a new sensor the power loss will go.

I have a 1.6 Zetec with 37k on the clock and find the biting point way too high, we have another three at work and the biting point is in exactly the same place, one guy has had his 6 years and says the biting point has never moved.

It's odd I know, I asked same question on here and got many replies telling me it was normal, I still havn't got used to it. If it's not slipping I think it's usual.

A faulty speed sensor will cause power loss when the fault is occurring, the ECU thinks the engine is idling and drops the power.

Once you fit a new sensor the power loss will go.

Ok that sounds promising, I was going to wait for the sensor before doing anything else. Realized the one I bought didn't come with a new pin so more of wait now!

I have a 1.6 Zetec with 37k on the clock and find the biting point way too high, we have another three at work and the biting point is in exactly the same place, one guy has had his 6 years and says the biting point has never moved.

It's odd I know, I asked same question on here and got many replies telling me it was normal, I still havn't got used to it. If it's not slipping I think it's usual.

I just can't believe how awkward it is, you'd think they would of allowed SOME adjustment...

After a month I no longer have an aching shin! Car before was the opposite you had to nail it to the floor to stop it creeping forward and wearing it out.

Just a case of getting used to it, a raised rest it what is missing, if there was one the bite would be normal I guess.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club